FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

'Where To' For Domain Name Registration?

ChunkyBustout
Hello all,

Where does everyone goe to get their domain name registered? I wanted some suggestions before finally get me a customized, domain name. Thanks in advance!
Jack_Hammer
It depends where you are and what currency you are using for example you wouldn't want a U.K domain register if you are from America, please be more specific, Although a lot of domain regitras do account for multiple currencys.
krazeek
wasn't frihost doing something about trading your frih$ in for a .com or .net, etc.? whatever happened to that?
Jack_Hammer
Frihost has never been offering Lvl:1 domains for FriH$
See:http://www.frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9089
ChunkyBustout
I forgot to mention I'm in the US.
n0obie4life
www.godaddy.com Razz
gonzo
http://registerfly.com has inexpensive private registration but you better like spam!

http://godaddy.com NEVER spams your registrant email address. Naturally public whois emails will get spam. Their private registration is usually $8/year. I think they still have their $3 domain special when you buy something so get private registration + domain for $11/year. Keep stalkers away and get zero whois spam Smile

Orrr get a free THIRDLEVEL.domain.com from
http://afraid.org

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
devadutta
ChunkyBustout wrote:
Hello all,

Where does everyone goe to get their domain name registered? I wanted some suggestions before finally get me a customized, domain name. Thanks in advance!

If you are buying web space as well, then make sure to take a demo account, test it through out and then pay up.. Else it will be a waste if the server is down 50% of the time
ChunkyBustout
Thanks all!

I'll be getting my own domain name with GoDaddy but I'll be using FriHost until I outgrow it.

Thank you Noobie4Life!
mohamed
I personally use http://namecheap.com/
pacslim
the first year is the cheapest by www.mapname.com thats what i searched for the have a bad affiliate program support tho but if u reg with them say pacslim@home.nl is your referer thats me please? Wink Arrow
godam64
i`m used with my local domain reseller at idwebhost.com
they offer great costumer service and also cheap price than other local reseller.
i dont use buy domain with the hosting package. just buy bare domain.
LostOverThere
I personaly would use www.godaddy.com
They are cheap and I know a few people who use them.
OutlawSpirit
www.registerfly.com

have been fine for me, cheap.. and answer all questions quickly...

Recomened ++++
Talmyr
I think I'll be going to use dot.tk
You get a domain name for free like ww.domainname.tk I just looked a bit over the page, but I talked with some people out of other forums and they said it is okay.

Only "problem" is must get at least 25 visits in 90 days and the homepage adress they redirect to can only have 63 signs.
CCR
I seem to go with registerfly and seems pretty good. I have noticed I do get emails fromt hem for specials and stuf but yeah sometimes i like to know that info domains is on sale for 2 or 3 bucks each. that and I also liek the fact that they beat godaddy prices hands down including the whois protection 99 cent vs 8 bucks geee wonder witch i am going to pick. Anyways registerfly all the way here.
Flavia
Well, I think the best place for you to register o domain name is GoDaddy. I have three domain names registered with them and I'm more than satisfied. They give you full access to your account, you can park your domain with them if you don't have a host and point it to anywhere you want to. And their prices are really good. I definitely reccomend it Wink
Jack_Hammer
I know that you can get domains a lot cheaper than on GoDaddy.com but I have not really looked around for any domain sellers that are in america, though I am more intrested in trying to find domains for life, (Which no-one seems to do any more as they can make more money from just loaning them out yearly)
Crying or Very sad
PureReborn
Is it even possible to purchase a domain for life?

I'm with Godaddy for now and they're ok, go the domains during a promotion so the prices are good. I'll see where I am next year when the period ends.
Cliffer
you can google your word,many companies do this job.maybe godaddy is the biggest one.
k_s_baskar
PureReborn wrote:
Is it even possible to purchase a domain for life?

I'm with Godaddy for now and they're ok, go the domains during a promotion so the prices are good. I'll see where I am next year when the period ends.

Think Not possible. The highest period of domain registration i saw earlier is 10 years.
deanhills
getha wrote:
hi i tried free domain registration in many sites but i cant get exact thing
what i prefer .then one of my friend guide me to visit here .com here they provide domain
registration service through this site .com in which we can register our domains .i hope it will be helpful to you .
I don't believe there is anything "free" with regard to domains. The closest to "free" are some of the Web hosting companies that include a "free" domain as part of their packages, but for me that is similar to a credit card account where they give your first year "free" of cost for the account and the next year you have to pay a fee. There has to be a time when the domain has to be renewed and that will always cost a fee. You can also try and enter competitions for "free" domains, but the same thing will happen. Eventually you have to renew the "free" domain, and the cost of renewal is sometimes three times the "cost" of the initial registration of the domain. If one is stuck for funding the best is always to go for the cheapest category of domain which is usually .info.

May just as well bite the bullet then. Check out the best domain companies, sign up and stick with the company.

Spam links removed from quote
-Ankhanu
abhizz
Godaddy is good! If you are looking for cheap price namecheap is the best
arigatou
I noticed that I get offers and the STUF email fromt hem, but, yes, sometimes I want to know the information domain for the sale of two or three dollars.
Mr_Howl
GoDaddy was a big supporter of SOPA, the bill that would've censored free speech on the Internet.

As such, I would recommend NOT using any of their services.
Ghost Rider103
Just a quick note to everyone, this is a very old topic, so if someone made an assumption about a specific domain registrar, things could be totally different now.

Another note, this has been moved to domain names.

Carry on. Very Happy
Pomelete
I think Godaddy would be a good option
sukasarkar
Co.cc is the free domain registration site. After registration you can Set it up with blogger http://infotilla.com/set-up-co-cc-free-domain-with-blogger/