FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Has anyone ever used Google Adwords?

aswapathy
If you have, could you tell me how well it is working for you? And if it's not too much to ask, what is the price of the item you advertise (assuming you're focusing on promoting a single item in the ad). And if you're also using yahoo, how do they compare? Also (and I know this is asking a lot) what are your average impressions > clicks > sales ratios?
raine dragon
I display Google adword ads on my site, and I know that my agreement with them contained a non-disclosure agreement stating that I couldn't share that sort of information with anyone. x_x; I'm not sure if it is the same on the other side, as an advertiser, but I'd imagine it probably is similar. I'm sorry. Sad
goutha
I already used Yahoo and google ads systems.

I noticed that Yhaoo tends to propose cheaper prices for clicks than Google. That was the case for me. now it really depends on evey specific case.

The best way is to find a promotion to start an account (both for google and yahoo). You can get between 50 and 100$ to start a new account. I recommend this in case you are not satisfied, you'll not loose anything.

I don't remember how I get my 50$ at yahoo... I just remember that I subscribed to a site and that I received a code several weeks later. Be careful of FAKE promotions...
pashmina
I want to know the same thing. I am looking forward to use adwords in the future.
My friend once told me to be very specific on the keyword if i wanted to use adwords. If not done properly the credit balance decreases very fast and the ads will be displayed in non related sites
tony
I have used Google adsense... Is it the same thing? Well I will describe it and explain my opinion of it here. Frankly, I have used Google adsense before.

And I love it! It is great, but I have not used it enough to make any money. The way they have it set up, you must get US$100 before you receive the check. That is the difficulty. And it is smart how they have programmed it.
saratdear
tony wrote:
I have used Google adsense... Is it the same thing? Well I will describe it and explain my opinion of it here. Frankly, I have used Google adsense before.

And I love it! It is great, but I have not used it enough to make any money. The way they have it set up, you must get US$100 before you receive the check. That is the difficulty. And it is smart how they have programmed it.

Both are really not the same; connected, but not same. Advertisers who display ads through Google Adwords pays Google money which Google pays back to you through Google Adsense after taking a cut themselves.

I hope I made it clear. Smile
LostOverThere
tony wrote:

No, Google Adsense is for Website owners to put ads on their site and make money. Google Adwords is when you buy ads to be displayed on others sites.
amanda009
Its all about adds on your sites, its good way to earn money ... Laughing
ptfrances
No I have never used and I really don't know what it is. Embarassed
GoldWyvern
I haven't used it myself, however, I worked for someone that used it extensively.

She studied how effective it was based on how many visitors were brought to her site via the words, and verified that with her own site tracking software.

It's extremely effective, but, by extremely I mean that out of 1,000 views, 50 people showed up on her site. Out of 50 people showing up on her site, 5 bought something.

Horrible, right? No, not really. You see, business, even on the internet, grows over time. How many of the average 40 sales she had per day were from links and ads? 1 or 2. No more. The rest is repeat business. Your site remains up, and word of mouth and customer loyalty will send more people to you.

They buy, they get it, they are satisfied, then their friends ask about where they got it.. and so on and so forth. That's how it works. But first, you must GET that first person.

Google is the most commonly used browser on the net, and I see it's ads everywhere. Don't you?

If I was currently running a web business for myself, I'd use it versus other sites. What is your site, anyhow?
molif
but how much can u earn if ur website is not having much visitors daily..?

unless you are telling me ur site has at least hundreds of visitors a day, and that will be profitable..

too bad, my site is just a personal site, so i don see the point of putting adsense..