FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Trying to install Joomla

myhearing
Hi there.

I was trying to install Joomla onto the server and on the first installation page it says:

Session save path Unwriteable

How do i get the session save path writeable? Would Frihost do that for me?

Also...is this the official support for the webhosting?

Thanxxxxx
rvec
We have support on this forum and on irc (see my sig).

You can go to CPanel and find the dir you need to change permissions on in file manager. There you should chmod it to 777 and it will be writable.
wumingsden
myhearing wrote:
Hi there.

I was trying to install Joomla onto the server and on the first installation page it says:

How do i get the session save path writeable? Would Frihost do that for me?

Also...is this the official support for the webhosting?

Thanxxxxx

Yes, this is the official support for the webhosting. Other members like you, and us members of staff, always try to be of help.

You need to CHMOD the directory concerned from 755 (or something else), to 777.

In your DirectAdmin control panel go to the directory who's permission needs to be change, tick the directory concerned, then at the bottom change 755 to 777 then click enter.

Only you and bondings are able to make this change, and it would take him a while to do it, so you may as well do it yourself as its not that hard. Alternatively you can PrivateMessage me your login info and I will do it for you.

Wumingsden.
myhearing
Hi

Thanks alot for your replies. The problem is that there is no folder that is mentioned it literally just says:

configuration.php Writeable
Not set

Any further help would be greatly appreciated.

ps - i have cPanel X. Thanks.
wumingsden
myhearing wrote:
Hi

Thanks alot for your replies. The problem is that there is no folder that is mentioned it literally just says:

configuration.php Writeable
Not set

Any further help would be greatly appreciated.

ps - i have cPanel X. Thanks.

You have cPanel yet your hosted on server3 .... erm, okay Confused

Is the session save path defined? Does it say what the sessions path/temp folder is?

If so chmod that. If not you can try creating a sessions/tmp/temp folder yourself, but thats unlikely to work. The only other option is to edit the configuration file.

Or, if its not defined then it may rely on server3's temp folder, which for some reason isn't available.

I can do this for you as stated before. I've gone to your installation path but i can't get to the sessions save path page (6. Configuration ->) because of the database info, so I have no idea what your actually seeing.
myhearing
Hey, thanks for your reply.

I am running cPanel. www.my-hearing.co.uk/cpanel . Thats where i go to login. :S. I dunno.

Anyways, i just left it and decided to install Joomla 1.5 straight away. I wanted to migrate because and then input SQL info, but i cant be bothered so ill just do a clean install and it seems to be working perfectly.

Thanks again for your help, it was much appreciated.
AK47BLAZE
I think you got help..
joharin
Hi,

I've got the same problem where the session save path is unwriteable. Tried to change permission to a temp folder i created for this purpose, but failed as well.

I'm not sure how to do this as this is my first time using Joomla.

Kindly assist me on this matter.

Thank you.