FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My USB Flash Drive is Malfunctioning :(, data gets corrupted

Rajiev
Hey all,

My 8GB USB flash drive is Malfunctioning Sad I can write whole 8GB in it. The files are there after writing. I can copy them back too. But the files are not usable. Only the first 700MB or so is usable. Other files are Corrupted (The file is there; You can copy it also. But when you try to open it, the corresponding program will say the file is corrupt/not usable) Confused

I tried formatting. But no use. No error msgs given even in Win XP error checking.
I did a Low level Format using a 3rd party soft. No good.

Will i have to Through the drive away? Sad

Brand : SNOY (not Sony)
Capacity : 8GB
Age and physical damages : Not known (since it was a gift). NO visible Physical Damage
LukeakaDanish
I work with customer repair / reclaims daily...and...to be honest I dont think there's a very large chance that you'll be able to get something like that repaired - because, most likely the price for the repair is much larger than then price of a new drive.

That having been said, talk to the people who gave it to you, see if you can get the receipt from them - then go talk to the people the bought the drive from.

In denmark you have 2 years right of reclaim, in which they have to either get it repaired for you or give you money back or a new equivalent product. - I don't know about your country - where do you live?

Best of luck...
Rajiev
Thanks a lot buddy for the interest you shown. I think you are right Sad Better let it go.

I don't think i can get the receipt. she went to Saudi after giving me the Dive.

I live in Sri Lanka. Here we usually get 3 or 5 yr grantee Cool but unfortunately I don't have the receipt to claim.

Thanks again for the reply.

TC
QrafTee
SNOY... I think that's your problem.

Here, hope this helps: http://www.staples.com/office/supplies/StaplesProductDisplay?zipCode=94509&PID=1225267&jspStoreDir=Staples&catalogId=10051&productId=193766&errorUrl=zipcode&cmArea=SEARCH&keyword=PNY-Optima-Pro-trade-Attache-USB-Flash-Drives-Enhanced-for-ReadyBoost-trade&noredir=true&langId=-1&SID=sduidp0t0&AID=10422268&storeId=10001&ddkey=StaplesZipCodeAdd