FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Database Error: Unable to connect to the database HELP

smasha
Hey guys,

I'm having some trouble with MySQL databases.

I had a Joomla install at my parked domain www.pwnedinrl.com, http://www.pwnedinrl.frihost.net/

I made no changes to this install and I now get the error "Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL" whenever I go to either of the addresses.

I did install a few new databases namely Wordpress to www.pwnedinrl.com/fxprices.net/ when I follow this link it works fine, I've setup the addon domain and when I go to fxprices.net I get the same error as above WTF.

I have another website hosted on here www.smasha.net which isn't MySQL driven and that is completely unaffected.

So i'm not sure if the 2 issues are related or completely seperate. Any help much appreciated as I'm a total noob at MySQL. Could making the wordpress database have affected the Joomla one?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I think its because I've changed the password for my user, so the latest database works fine and now the old ones don't. I should be able to sort it out solo, thanks. Anyone got any tip for the best way to setup more than 1 database user?
smasha
Ok now everything works fine except that www.fxprices.net redirects to pwnedinrl.frihost.com so does www.fxprices.net/index.php. I have installed wordpress to to the fxprices directory which must be correct as per pwnedinrl.frihost.com/fxprices.net/???

Why does it redirect to the wrong area. While www.smasha.net has no problems?

I use godaddy hosting it must be because its not pointing to index.php correctly in the wordpress folder.

Edit all fixed answer found at http://seanelavelle.com/blog/2008/06/15/setting-up-wordpress-on-an-addon-domain/ . Woot it was the wordpress settings.