FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

username my subdomain name?

throughthefire
Hi! I am setting up my website for my nonprofit organization, and I wanted my username to be my personal username that I use for everything else, but I wasn't sure if that would end up being in my subdomain name so I chose the name of my organization just in case. Does anyone know if your username determines your subdomain?
Also I registered with my personal email address, will that affect how people contact me on my website? is it ok that I list my organization's email there?
Thank you!
mathiaus
Under your account, you can create 1 hosting account, created using a ***.frihost.net subdomain. From this hosting account, you can add many different sites using either domains you have registered elsewhere or using a subdomain of your frihost subdomain (ie. ***.***.frihost.net).

In short, NO your username does not determine your frihost subdomain
throughthefire
Thank you so much for your help!!! I understand it now:)
Diablosblizz
mathiaus wrote:
In short, NO your username does not determine your frihost subdomain

Just in addition to that, your username does determine the username to login, correct?
mathiaus
Yes it does. The first 8 characters will be used as your control panel login.
tidruG
throughthefire wrote:
Hi! I am setting up my website for my nonprofit organization, and I wanted my username to be my personal username that I use for everything else, but I wasn't sure if that would end up being in my subdomain name so I chose the name of my organization just in case. Does anyone know if your username determines your subdomain?
You can choose a personal username if you want. Your subdomain can be decided later.

Quote:
Also I registered with my personal email address, will that affect how people contact me on my website? is it ok that I list my organization's email there?
Thank you!
You can use your personal email on the forums. We don't give your email ID to anyone, so you don't have to think about others sending email to you. Official communication from us will reach you on the email ID which you set here.