FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Devil May Cry 4 PC

blk3
Anyone already played Devil May Cry 4 for the PC. So how does it compare to he console versions.
OsLendas
blk3 wrote:
Anyone already played Devil May Cry 4 for the PC. So how does it compare to he console versions.

On PC the game looks better: more frame rates, better textures (I think ) Surprised

But is hardest to control Nero/Dante on keyboard Confused , so I recommend you buy a XBOX 360 controller (like mine Cool ) or similar.
blk3
Does it only work on an XBOX 360 controller. wont a generic USB PC controller work with it too?
Ghengis
DMC3 worked with generic controllers, but it was a screaming bitch to reconfigure them. Unless you don't mind the extra hassle of getting things configured (and you have a really awesome computer), I'd just get the console version. I beat it on PS3, and it's a damn fine game. It looks gorgeous on a 32" 1080i LCD, so I'm not sure how much better it can really get on PC.
Indyan
It sucks that Capcom was too lazy properly port it to the PC. The biggest advantage of PC is the mouse. And capcom chose to completely ignore the mouse and just directly port the game over to the pc.
McDucque
I played the game on 360, didn't enjoy it too much =P but thats not the question, hehe.

I couldn't imagine it being much better on PC, especially if you aren't using a controller, controls are a bit complicated.
Ghengis
Indyan wrote:
It sucks that Capcom was too lazy properly port it to the PC. The biggest advantage of PC is the mouse. And capcom chose to completely ignore the mouse and just directly port the game over to the pc.

...in an *action* game? Would you want mouse support in, say, Street Fighter? Or even Streets of Rage? Face it, DMC is an offshoot of the "brawler" genre, with roots in e.g. Final Fight. It grew out of the arcade, and the best control aways was, and always will be, a joystick. Now, if your complaint was about avoiding mouse support in, say, an RPG or an RTS, I would be right there with you.
InsanePL
Normal USB controller works nice with DMC, already completed the game in 2 diffuctlies, and now i`m improving my scrores, getting secrets etc xD
I love DMc series and need to get 100% of game xD
Kelcey
It's supposed to look AWESOME on PC. You can use a 360 controller for it as well if you have one for the pc. I think you can use a dualshock 3 as well.
Techie87
This game really really rocks. Played it on the pc with a logitech gamepad, and i must say.. this is one of the best games i've ever played (after half-life 1)
blk3
Too bad I couldn't even play the game, my system is not up to the requirements. I sucessfully installed though when I ran it I get errors on wrong pixel shader ver. , maybe now's the time to do an upgrade.
Seiji
You need a gamepad to play it, and there was no way I was about to go out and buy one. Might be fun if you have gamepad but I didn't so it sucked.
amperx
i this it looked much better on the pc, with requirements met and playing it DX10 version, then its hell lotta good,

very hard to control though XD
Pikokola
well... I haven't play it on the console, but using the lowest setting, I got things as cool as those high-end PS2 games, actually even better, so I think using the best setting will give you rockin game Razz
Ghengis
I heard a theory that the PC version didn't sell that well because it wasn't on Steam -- Lost Planet was on Steam, and frankly wasn't nearly as good as DMC4, but sold like gangbusters.

Discuss!
Pikokola
well... so that's the reason why capcom just transfer the game to PC like a side job.
They just transfer it, not maximizing the game to be pc user friendly.
It will be cool if they turn the control to be like Assassin creed.
Kelcey
Heh, I tried playing it on my laptop. Ran like crap obviously.
Pikokola
Kelcey wrote:
Heh, I tried playing it on my laptop. Ran like crap obviously.

EPIC,
I can understand how hard to control it using keyboard on laptops, and how hard your laptop should work to run this game XD
ForceRun
Is this a move or a game? I 'played' the first 30 mins in which there was about 3 mins of actual game play. The game suck, please save your money and play TF2 instead.