FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Algorithm Update

the-guide
I've read from somewhere that Yahoo recently announced an update in their algorithm and warned people they may see fluctuations in rankings and Google also reportedly made over 45 tweaks to their algorithm last month. There is a lot of fluctuation going on in the search engine results right now.

Rankings are fluctuating!

Do you think this is a good time for me to re-optimize my sites now?
Peterssidan
Do you know what things has been changed? If not, how can you know how you should make it rank better than it already does?
Jean-Luc
the-guide wrote:
Google also reportedly made over 45 tweaks to their algorithm last month. There is a lot of fluctuation going on in the search engine results right now.

Rankings are fluctuating!

Do you think this is a good time for us to re-optimize our sites now?

1. Google changes its algorithms every month since Google exists. That's part of a normal process to continuously improve the quality of the search.

2. Rankings always fluctuate. This is not something unique that happened last month.

3. Search engine optimization should never stop. So yes, it is a good time to optimize the site now and it will be a good time to optimize it tomorrow as well.

Make your web site interesting enough for a large quantity of human beings and the site will rank well in Google. Forget about the silly tricks to fool the search engine robots.

Just my 0,02€ . Wink

Jean-Luc
the-guide
After read that article I not sure and have a some confuse as well, that's an article from SEO service site whose try to persuade me to hire them, thanks a lot for your advice, "Peterssidan" and "Jean-Luc".