FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Goolgle Earth House on Fire?

Diablosblizz
This is totally true, and no way edited with Photoshop! I will provide the street name after the image.

Full image here: http://hotelmario.net/whatthe.PNG

It doesn't seem like it's totally on fire, but it surely seems that somethings up. I'm not sure what it is, but man it seems weird! Now, I know it seems that after you look at it longer it looks fake, but let me prove this to you. I don't know the exact address to the house, but the street name is:

Rockwood St, Ottawa, Ontario.

Google Maps it, or even Google Earth it! This isn't a fake, but it's weird! What do you guys think it is?
mattyj
Ummm im pretty sure its just a house with a bright orange roof

That is not a fire
Diablosblizz
I have neighbours that have bright orange roofs, and it's no where near like that. But, you may be right it just struck me as odd.
ocalhoun
No fire, just roof color. If there was a fire, mostly you would just see smoke.
Ghost900
Ya after looking at it, it seems that they may be getting a new roof and have bright orange tarp on the roof or something.

Interesting find still.

I checked and Virtual Earth also has the orange roof and they were taken at different times I am sure, so it must be there permanent roof.

Here is Virtual Earths Image:
legion
Well this is an original way to paint your roof Laughing Perhaps he did that on purpose to find his home easier with Google Smile
Diablosblizz
Thanks for the second image Ghost. It does seem really odd, but I would actually like to visit the house to see what the true story is. Smile
fatcat
And then? Rolling Eyes
theHKN
legion wrote:
Well this is an original way to paint your roof Laughing Perhaps he did that on purpose to find his home easier with Google Smile

Who paints their roof? Anxious
ocalhoun
theHKN wrote:
legion wrote:

Who puts brightly colored shingles on their roof? Anxious

Fixed
leosthenerd
wouldnt you see fire trucks in front of the house on the street anyways?
[FuN]goku
yeah first time i saw that picture i thought it was the roof color.. Didn't seem like a fire.
HalfBloodPrince
That "thing" in their backyard also seems slightly orange. Also, in both pictures, the rectangle-roofed building (below the house) seems to have an orange outline on the roof... o_O
zyd666
some one know how i see the street name on google earth ?
nivinjoy
Hey see the pic clearly..!! Watch the four sides of the building..There is no smoke or fumes spreading to any of the sides..!! From that itself it is clear that there is no fire and the house is not on fire and its just the roof color...!!!
Kashinilaya
Now with Google Earth I would never use a roof like that. It just calls too much attention.