FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

INDIA-USA nuke deal...

INDIA-usa nuclear deal???
good 4 indian people
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
bad 4 indian people
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
can't say
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

frih
anybody wants to say anything for this deal....??

so much politics is going on inside INDIA regarding this deal....

come here and say your words......

regards
frih Idea
Tutor
Good good. More countries with nukes just makes the world much better place to live
bogger
The implications of this are overblown, in my mind

But the USA has been hypocritical with this deal
deanhills
I think it is a good deal for both. India will have its great need for energy met. And the US would be able to reassure itself that the nuclear energy is used for peaceful purposes. It will also encourage free trade in the supply of parts for India's nuclear energy programme as well as exchange of valuable expertise.

Think this would provide potential for cooperation in other areas as well and foster good trade relations between the two countries as well as with Canada.
Tutor
I'm sceptical with the "peaceful purposes"-claim. As Pakistan most likely already has nuclear weapons, when the tension between these two countries rises again India will take their opportunity for a nuke. And the US won't really make a move against their good old business-buddy. At the most US might sell them the nukes needed instead of India's own nuke-program.

Edit: Some text was missing.
deanhills
Tutor wrote:
I'm sceptical with the "peaceful purposes"-claim. As Pakistan most likely already has nuclear weapons, when the tension between these two countries rises again. And the US won't really make a move against their good old business-buddy. At the most US might sell them the nukes needed instead of India's own nuke-program.

Good point. Also, the next Government in India may not be peacefully inclined. Governments come and go and good intentions sometimes too. There could also be a possibility of a coup d'etat by extremists who wish to use the nuclear power for war purposes. Tough one and an awful responsibility to carry!
servoadmin
This deal is better in some way and not good in other ..But the fact is that india will be tied up and it will not have enough power to test Nuclear weapon, I do not think there is any need for testing because India has already proved its capability and there is no need to prove it anymore and when there is a need India can take over any challenge or threat caused by any anti- india force. So now its good to go on and show this world that we can be calm and creative and make this world a better place to live...so overall we know our streangth and its a good deal for developing nation.
Tutor
India is a mess. I mean the wealth inside India has been divided to a marginal group of the rich. No surprise, cast-system is still kicking. If there would become a conflict, India would be in worst occasions not unite against coming threat. Also Pakistan is a strong country, they have people, they have weapons, they even have wealth. Also they have something India doesn't have: Islam. It makes them fearless soldiers. Pakistan is also in reasonable term with USA.

So there is a threat and India has pressure towards military. It makes the nuclear weapon noteworthy solution for matching possible threat.
Haelyn
You seem to be missing the crutial point... India already had nukes...

They tested the nuclear weapons two days after Pakistan's successful test, to show they too had 'The Bomb' -- so this deal is not really going to turn India into a nuclear power (they already technically are).

Being able to build a nuclear warhead is cool and all, but from the stand point of north america, I'd worry more if they signed some rocketry propultion deal with someone. When they can launch their missiles our way, then you worry...

Anyways -- India basically wants Nukes to be able to curb enthusiam from someone else lobbing them across the border (read: Pakistan).

At any rate, I think this deal is useful for India. And more then useful for the US nuclear components industry...
James_Hicks
Yeah, they've had nukes and a deal with the US would compromise the Pakistani-American alliance. Hell, if we're going to give nukes to other nations, why not help Iran get their nukes going? And I had better not hear those stupid, edited quotes from the Iranian President. That is all media propaganda.
Chinmoy
The deal is quite promising, and even though all the terms are not being released to the public till now it is definitely going to get us to better power projects. But the government should elaborate on the waste disposal methods it is planning to use. We do not have enough disposal grounds...But the overall deal is for the good of the country. Dr. Manmohan Singh is an eminent economist. He can be trusted. He will never bow to anything which harms the nation. His calm and quite nature should no be mistaken for his weakness.
Chinmoy
And this is totor. Please look at pakistans karachi stock exch.!!Pakistan rich country!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have no idea i guess what you were writing about.!