FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Removing software from HP Recovery CD

IllusionSoftware
I have some HP Recovery CDs for my HP computer but when I use it to install XP it also installs a bunch of other apps that I don't need such as Norton Antivirus, a bunch of WildTanget games, muavee Autoproducer, etc...

Is there a way to get the HP Recovery CD not to install these applications just install the operating system with its default applications and drivers?
SonLight
I doubt if you can tailor the install, since the point of a recovery cd is to get the computer back to it's original (probably bloated) condition as quickly as possible. You should be able to uninstall the junk fairly easily though. If you want to have a leaner install disk for future use, you might consider backing up the system to DVD once you have configured it to your taste.
IllusionSoftware
SonLight wrote:
I doubt if you can tailor the install, since the point of a recovery cd is to get the computer back to it's original (probably bloated) condition as quickly as possible. You should be able to uninstall the junk fairly easily though. If you want to have a leaner install disk for future use, you might consider backing up the system to DVD once you have configured it to your taste.

Sad. Damn. Any software that can do that for me?