FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

phpBB Not Working

php_wizard_l33t
Hola, amigos.

First of all, I just got my subdomain changed from dmcnatt.frihost.net to cursedtech.frihost.net, and the new subdomain works perfectly.

Second, I got onto the main site (which is the forums, in this case), and I found out that the forums weren't working after the subdomain change. So, I made a MySQL database backup and I uninstalled the forums and deleted all files including the MySQL database.

I re-installed phpBB and now some of it works, but not all of it. When you try to log in, you type in your username and password and then it says "The page cannot be displayed," but I know login.php is on the server. Now it also does the same thing for the Admin's home in the forum where you can moderate things. I am not sure what is wrong, and I need some help from my fellow amigos.

Please help me. Thank you.
althalus
Hmm maybe you need to change the "home-address" somewhere? In some file, setup.php or something such (never used phpBB myself).. The system I use have this in a file somewhere.. Maybe it uses that url for navigating the system?

Have a look around Smile
progman89
I would reinstall it. The location where the subdomain is should be established when you set up the page and what you're describing would be caused by entering the adress wrong during installation.
Harrowed
Board Settings -> Change the Domain & Location fields..

Should be ONLY changes necessary unless running CH etc.