FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Wieard enviromental laws...

Idoru
I experienced something at work. My job is cleaning, and when I was ordering chemicals for removing polish,
my supplier told me that they didn't have any at stock, since the European Union voted for some laws about raw-
materials that could harm the nature. Because of that, all export of those product went to Asia.

Now, I'm all for saving the planet, but I must say, where is the alternative when you take something away?
This situation became similar to the nuclear-power issue we have here in Sweden, where we a long time ago
set a last date for taking down the nuclearpowerplants. As good as no effort was spent on equal alternatives,
so when the day came the decition couldn't be fullfilled. We have made ourselves addicted to electricity,
and to take it away isn't realistic.

So, why do gouverments push things through without thinking about the big picture? We have developed a lifestyle
that perhaps is at war with an enviromental thought, but still, to be more friendly to nature must be an issue hand-in-hand
with world-wide economics. Otherwise we solve nothing!
bigt
Idoru wrote:
I experienced something at work. My job is cleaning, and when I was ordering chemicals for removing polish,
So, why do gouverments push things through without thinking about the big picture? We have developed a lifestyle
that perhaps is at war with an enviromental thought, but still, to be more friendly to nature must be an issue hand-in-hand
with world-wide economics. Otherwise we solve nothing!

Frankly, I think they do things sometimes just because they can. Or somebody sneaks some legislation through that seems small and then it affects 90% of the country. Though, the worst are the crazy, hardcore environmentalists that will stop at nothing short of getting rid of all humans in favor of a nest of birds or something. I try to do my part too, like recycling when it wasn't cool several years ago in the U.S., but I believe humans were put here to watch over and care for the earth and not the ideas that some of those nuts have. It's sad that some care more about wildlife than human life.

I'll leave you with this. The next time you are listening to some hardcore enviro remember that there was a whole group of sheeple that were misguided into trying to get rid of di-hydrogen monoxide because it was taking over the environment, the "silent killer", and had killed hundreds of thousands of people in previous years.
ocalhoun
bigt wrote:

I'll leave you with this. The next time you are listening to some hardcore enviro remember that there was a whole group of sheeple that were misguided into trying to get rid of di-hydrogen monoxide because it was taking over the environment, the "silent killer", and had killed hundreds of thousands of people in previous years.

That's awesome... I should go and see if I can start the same thing over again... he he... I know just the place!

But as for the cleaning solution, surely there must be some alternative... What did they use before it was invented? If that fails or is impractical, you can always hope that an inventor will see the hole left by that legislation and fill it with a new, more eco-friendly replacement.
Idoru
ocalhoun wrote:

But as for the cleaning solution, surely there must be some alternative... What did they use before it was invented? If that fails or is impractical, you can always hope that an inventor will see the hole left by that legislation and fill it with a new, more eco-friendly replacement.

There propablly is. The problem now, though, is that we wasn't informed at all untill it was to late. We have three weeks to do the job that require those products, and the last of it we didn't get untill it was two days left till the vacation... It felt a bit silly, but we managed by simply skipping the last stage. The result will be floors that will be worn down more quickly, wich affects the health of those working with them every day. Also, it will be required to use more of other chemicals to get the same results, so the purpose of the law isn't achived. Feels like the snake is biting itself in the tail, at the expence of less good ergonomic for us. Crying or Very sad