FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

new site is unreachable [solved]

Jean-Luc
Hi,

I cannot reach my website and the cPanel status says that HTTPD, FTPD, CPSRVD and LFD fail. Crying or Very sad

Jean-Luc
Jean-Luc
No answer... Am I the only one with this problem ?

Jean-Luc
Jean-Luc
Dear Frihost Support Team,

I am a bit disappointed that nobody reacted to my previous messages. It is quite possible that I did not express my problem as I should have, but I was hoping that someone would ask for more info if needed.

Let me reformulate the problem. I bought b***-bruxelles.be and b***-bruxelles.com on July 2. On July 7, I set the DNS of both domains to point to the frihost domain name servers. Less than 24 hours later, I was able to connect to b***-bruxelles.com. Today after 10 days, I am not yet able to reliably connect to b***-bruxelles.be.

According to DNS Stuff:
Quote:
Error: Our local DNS server was unable to get your MX record. This usually means that a firewall in front of your DNS server is interfering. For example, it may be blocking DNS packets from low source port numbers (ours is often in the 1024-1030 range). Firewalls should never block DNS queries based on the source IP address; otherwise, it is guaranteed that legitimate queries will be blocked. This specific lookup must be cached, so a recent change may not be reflected.

Don't you think that there are problems with the DNS at frihost.net ? It seems that they work well enough for .com (using "glue records"), but not for other TLD's like .be.

Jean-Luc
Bondings
First of all, my apologies for not responding.

There are a few people that sometimes have problems reaching the server. Maybe something to do with some dns problem, but at least a few of them were due to some misconfiguration at their isp.

In your case, I am able to reach your site fine at the moment, though.
mOrpheuS
Jean-Luc wrote:
I am not yet able to reliably connect to b***-bruxelles.be.

According to DNS Stuff:
Quote:
Error: Our local DNS server was unable to get your MX record. This usually means that a firewall in front of your DNS server is interfering. For example, it may be blocking DNS packets from low source port numbers (ours is often in the 1024-1030 range). Firewalls should never block DNS queries based on the source IP address; otherwise, it is guaranteed that legitimate queries will be blocked. This specific lookup must be cached, so a recent change may not be reflected.

Don't you think that there are problems with the DNS at frihost.net ? It seems that they work well enough for .com (using "glue records"), but not for other TLD's like .be.

Jean-Luc

I just ran a DNS report on your domain at http://www.intodns.com/ . It passes all the tests, including -
MX Records wrote:
Your MX records that were reported by your nameservers are:

0 b***-bruxelles.be 72.249.102.79

[These are all the MX records that I found. If there are some non common MX records at your nameservers you should see them below. ]

Appears to be working just fine.
Jean-Luc
Thank you for your replies, but my problem is still there. I am still not able to reliably connect to the site through my ISP (Belgacom, largest Belgian ISP).

Jean-Luc
Jean-Luc
The problem is gone. You said me that the change of server address would help and, indeed, my website is now reachable from everywhere since you moved the server to a new IP address. Thanks.

Jean-Luc