FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Lively

linkmenot
Google just released another social networking software called lively. Its kinda "There.com" & "Second Life" concept. You can go to http://www.lively.com/ and download the package. Try out and comment
ocalhoun
I'll look at it, but my connection is slow, and likely can't handle it.
*looks*
Seems to be too much for my system for one thing.
Also, Gaia Online > lively
And, I wouldn't want to get deeply involved with a community I couldn't access with linux.
SonLight
Since it is a beta test product, it is understandable that they only support Windows to start with. I might consider looking at it when they overcome that limitation. I believe Google will support Mac and *nix soon if the project is successful.

I would be interested in how Google will fit this into their business model. Will they display ads consistent with the style of the rooms and clothes? Will they respond to the messages posted? It's a little scary when they do that with email. If they respond in real-time to chat messages, it would be positively freaky.
Agent ME
Can you create objects and script them like in Second Life? I might pay attention to this if you can.
Ghost Rider103
I took a look at it, I didn't see the point in downloading anything? Everytime I click on the icon on my desktop, all it does is open my web browser to a web page with the game on it, so what was the point in downloading the game?

I also don't see much point in this game at all. Didn't someone say this was supposed to be like a myspace page? I don't see how so.

I'm not complaing or anything, I just thought it was going to be different. I doubt I will pay any attention to this, I thought it was kind of boring.
deanhills
Good start, but probably needs some major tweaking and development still. Like the idea though. Got lots of possibilities.
apple
Ok so I checked it out and it's not my kinda thing. I will spend wayyyyyyy too much time there if I allow myself to be sucked in.
erlendhg
I thought Google already had a social network..?

Why are they launching another?
Psycho_X52
This one is animated and interactive... Smile

I hope it won't use OpenGL 2.0 because my Chrome S3 video card doesn't have that. And it would be nice to have characters that speak (move their lips) as the user are talking into the microphone.