FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Anitube

zellfaze
This site is dedicated to providing free Anime streams, they do not allow for licensed anime to be posted to their site. I assume then since the anime is unlicensed that this site is completely legal.

Note to Moderators, please delete this topic if I am confused about Legality of this site.

This site has several animes and anime movies, including the first 16 episodes of Ah! My Goddess and Ah! My Goddess' Movie.

Their list of animes is very extensive.

www.anitube.net

Enjoy! Very Happy
djclue917
Well, strictly speaking, it's not. 'Licensed anime' usually refers to animes which have been licensed in the US. It doesn't actually mean that _nobody_ owns the rights to that particular anime, it simply means that it hasn't been licensed in the US yet. The main reason why most sites wouldn't dare include 'licensed animes' is that these media companies from the US would throw a bunch of lawsuits at them if they did include such animes. On the other hand, some of these unlicensed animes are actually licensed in other parts of the world, it's just that most of the time, the media companies from these countries don't really bother suing you if you don't use their [dubbed] content. Also, note that different countries have different laws so some countries might have stricter policies regarding these kinds of media and others might have more lenient laws.

Well, the bottom line is that animes come from Japan, and luckily, Japanese media companies aren't 'annoying' as their US counterparts. If that were the case, then no site would have the guts to include animes in their sites since doing so is clearly a copyright violation. I hope this helps.
zellfaze
Thank you. You did clear up a lot of my confusion on Licensing and Legal issues with Anime. That was something I was hoping to figure out, you have just saved me a lot of time.
QrafTee
djclue917 wrote:
Well, strictly speaking, it's not. 'Licensed anime' usually refers to animes which have been licensed in the US. It doesn't actually mean that _nobody_ owns the rights to that particular anime, it simply means that it hasn't been licensed in the US yet. The main reason why most sites wouldn't dare include 'licensed animes' is that these media companies from the US would throw a bunch of lawsuits at them if they did include such animes. On the other hand, some of these unlicensed animes are actually licensed in other parts of the world, it's just that most of the time, the media companies from these countries don't really bother suing you if you don't use their [dubbed] content. Also, note that different countries have different laws so some countries might have stricter policies regarding these kinds of media and others might have more lenient laws.

Well, the bottom line is that animes come from Japan, and luckily, Japanese media companies aren't 'annoying' as their US counterparts. If that were the case, then no site would have the guts to include animes in their sites since doing so is clearly a copyright violation. I hope this helps.

Well a Chinese saying goes (this is horribly translated by me, mind you): In the U.S., people get bored so they just sue people left and right, whether it's for no reason, whether the opportunity arises, or just because.
Seiji
Thats cool, I didn't know there was an anitube. AnimeSuki also only allows non-licensed anime on there site. I'm not sure if its legal or not but usually unlicensed anime gets fansubbed. Even though if you did a bit more searching....you know what I mean.
zellfaze
QrafTee wrote:
Well a Chinese saying goes (this is horribly translated by me, mind you): In the U.S., people get bored so they just sue people left and right, whether it's for no reason, whether the opportunity arises, or just because.

Suing is the American way (sadly). http://www.animevenue.com/ is another great site for unlicensed anime. It has a very large selection also, but they link to their animes, I like how Anitube has their own player.
McDucque
Sweet! I figured something like this existed. Now I can watch the episode of Higurashi I'm missing and make my brother watch Death Note.
QrafTee
Seiji wrote:
Thats cool, I didn't know there was an anitube. AnimeSuki also only allows non-licensed anime on there site. I'm not sure if its legal or not but usually unlicensed anime gets fansubbed. Even though if you did a bit more searching....you know what I mean.

Animesuki although takes licensed anime off their torrents operates at the "gray area" of the internet world. Then again most things on the internet operates in the 'gray area." I used to use it, but they took off so many anime, I had to find places that operated in the "gray area" but leaned more toward black. Wink
joharin
this is great...never thought that there is a dedicated 'tube' site for this...i'm looking forward to watch lots and lots of things from this site...thanks for sharing it!
blk3
Thanks, I never knew this site existed. I'll be watching lots of animes now. Specially the ones that never get exported by Japan.
omnicomputerservices
Oh man, this is great! I've gotten way behind and there are plenty of series out there that I've been wanting to check out that aren't available stateside; thanx a bunch!
LaCalle
wow that is nice, I will try it as fast as I can...

I just visit the site, It is supported by donnations and started this year..., to me, It's joung but I will check well, i dislike to see anime in internet but I can just tryit.

Thanks by the post.
crimson_aria
thank you for sharing. I never heard of the site until now.
zellfaze
Your welcome man. I am happy to give out any knowledge that I have.
djclue917
Anime DS is also a great site, in my opinion. http://www.anime-ds.com
They offer both streaming and downloadable media. Back then, they were hosting the streaming videos in their site, as far as I know and remember. Now, however, all their new contents are uploaded to megavideo.com and they just place the links in their site. Their old content are still hosted by the same server, though it seems that the videos no longer load.

Just sharing... I might also visit the other sites listed here when I get the time to do so. Smile
dude_xyx
www.megavideo.com is another great site where you can find all cool Animes. I watch most of my favorite Anime there.
Ruriko
http://www.lovelyanime.com is another great streaming site they got some DIVX videos
Arseniy
Yeah, sugoi one! Smile
But I prefer to download animes onto my PC to keep it easy to reach - my connection is still not very fast but unlimit ^^
Leandrokun
Surprised
Thanks for the tip.. ^^
amperx
Eii great find, thanks for the info man Very Happy
ato784
thanks for the information about all of the great sites, a couple of them were really great!
dude_xyx
Well now I prefer to watch it online rather than download it. My hard disk is fulled with all stuff. So I'm prefer to watch them online though they are low quality.
Zombie
Weird, I thought streaming anime episodes was illegal. I'll have to check that site out.