FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

MySQL Remote Access/Cron

WRC Meister
Do you allow a .php file to connect to a server on another domain? if not, i need a discussion with my other host

---OR---

Is there a way to have Cron's run a file on another site?
rvec
both are possible, I think. Depends mostly on the host, not the client. So if you want a php script on frihost to connect to some other mysql server, you need an account with the access to do that.
WRC Meister
i have talked with my host, they say it wokrs on their server, so, need helping setting the mysql connect up properly, OR, have a cron job connect to the page on my host

Preferrable the cron
mathiaus
When you connect, you need to specify where you are connecting to. Use you other hosts details.
Frihost allows external MySQL connection, but you first have to add those connections to be allowed in cPanel. You may need to do something similar on your other host, they'll know more about that though obviously.

Any errors you get would be helpful.
WRC Meister
"You can allow external web servers to access your MySQL database"

From CPanel, but i have the data in another server's DB, so maybe my host needs to set that setting?

the error i get:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'dinhost.net' (4) in /home/wrcmeist/public_html/connect.php on line 2
Can't connect to MySQL server on 'dinhost.net' (4)
mOrpheuS
WRC Meister wrote:
"You can allow external web servers to access your MySQL database"

From CPanel, but i have the data in another server's DB, so maybe my host needs to set that setting?

the error i get:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'dinhost.net' (4) in /home/wrcmeist/public_html/connect.php on line 2
Can't connect to MySQL server on 'dinhost.net' (4)

Follow this guide - http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-82523.html

to allow external mySQL connections on your other host.
WRC Meister
I have talked with my host, they have it allowed, but they have no Cpanel or Direct admin, only selfcoded scripts

Now, just needing to find a way to have the Cron run a file on another server