FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Please test my website

Libby
http://www.wheeling.frihost.net

I have a feeling it may break in some versions of IE... :/

(The content isn't finished yet, I still have a lot of writing to do and some more sections to add with things like "putting on a house show", "making stencils", plus a list of local rec centers...)
HalfBloodPrince
Hey, I tested the site in both Firefox 3.0 and IE (an old version) and in Firefox it came out alright, except the green and white 'Hills and Bridges' sign did not appear (it did show in IE, though). The box of text came out right in Firefox but was stretched vertically in IE. Maybe it'll show right in the new version of IE...

Hope that helps Smile
Libby
Oops!! Thanks so much for your help.

I commented out the hills and bridges graphic in the CSS when I changed the title of the site -- it's not supposed to be there! I went ahead and deleted it all the way -- does it look about the same now?
HalfBloodPrince
Yup, now it's coming good in both Smile

Just one thing, when viewed in Firefox a horizontal scroll bar comes which let's you move left or right and the blue text box at the bottom seems to move..

Here's a screen shot:

It moves the blue text box bar about an inch. This problem doesn't happen in IE though.. Razz
Libby
Huh, I guess IE and Firefox are figuring out the widths differently. I'll have to look that up. Thanks again.
brokenadvice
If the window is larger than 800x600 it extends beyond the background photo, and a white bar shows. (Top of photo) You should consider fading the right edge out to white (bottom of photo). That would be the easiest fix, but there are a million more ways it could be done.

cavey
You should add some extra font alternatives for your header-text. I do not have Book antiqua on my PC, and the font I see is cut on the bottom of the g.

And (not a browser error but...) you should have a gif or png with a clean color behind the blue bar. The background has very visible jpeg artifacts. I presume it's from the photo. You should pick the average color, and make a 1-color gif for the background instead.
Libby
cavey, thank you -- I've added a couple more options. I don't know if I'm even going to keep it plain text, though. A graphic might look better. But I'm still thinking about it. I'm also fixing the background, because you're right, it looks pretty bad. XD

(Haven't had the chance to upload the changes yet)

brokenadvice -- you're right, scalability is a problem. I don't know what to do about it yet. Embarassed Thanks for the suggestion!