FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Slayers REVOLUTION

zanzou
So, the first episode of the new (!!!) season of Slayers came out recently, and I watched it and am completely in love.

:D 13 years after the original season 1 aired, and I am just so unbelievably happy to have a new season. They've obviously updated the animation, but it's not in anything but quality, art style and the terrible!badguys are just as bad as always.

First episode had 4/5 of our main cast, plus one new something that I'm not sure will be good or bad or what. I cannot WAIT for Xelloss, and kind of hope we get some Luna, despite it being unlikely.

The series seems like it's going to be at least semi-centered around finding Goury a new sword, +killing pirates, +more people being afraid of Lina. XD It's so awesome, I am infinitely pleased.

<3 Anyone else seen it yet?
driftingfe3s
I downloaded it but have yet to watch it. I was a fan of the original Slayers as well. I think I also watched Slayers Next, and I don't remeber if I watched Slayers Try or not. I got a midterm and 2 other test this week, so that means I'm bound to have a study break to sneak in the first episode... shit, I'll watch it now.
zanzou
driftingfe3s wrote:
I think I also watched Slayers Next, and I don't remeber if I watched Slayers Try or not. I got a midterm and 2 other test this week, so that means I'm bound to have a study break to sneak in the first episode... shit, I'll watch it now.

You DEFINITELY will need to have watched NEXT for this, purely because of the fact that you'll need to know who Xelloss is. TRY you'd probably want to watch, if you want to know what happened to the Sword of Light.

:D Good luck on your tests and such! And post your thoughts when you finish the ep. :)
driftingfe3s
I skimmed thought it and I don't think i'm going to watch it. I guess my taste for anime has changed over the years. It seems to happy go lucky / goofy and the production quality didn't look to good. The only thing interesting that seemed to happen was a the end with that little creature, other than that it the episode didn't really grab my attention.

Also skimming though the episode made me painfully remember how annoying Lina's voice is. Sad

I have to give them credit for trying to revive Slayers after such a long time and continuing the story though.
zanzou
driftingfe3s wrote:
I skimmed thought it and I don't think i'm going to watch it. I guess my taste for anime has changed over the years. It seems to happy go lucky / goofy and the production quality didn't look to good. The only thing interesting that seemed to happen was a the end with that little creature, other than that it the episode didn't really grab my attention.

Also skimming though the episode made me painfully remember how annoying Lina's voice is. :(

I have to give them credit for trying to revive Slayers after such a long time and continuing the story though.

I am very sure the production quality is deliberate-- what it's doing is /trying/ to look like the old seasons, which made me nostalgic and actually really happy. It is one of those animes that, on a casual glance, doesn't seem very serious-- it is very, very shonen. You have to watch continually and learn about the characters, to see the depth (or just catch those episodes/chapters, and not fully understand them without the background).

XDD I actually love Megumi Hayashibara as Lina! I heard and went "I MISSED YOU, IT'S BEEN TOO LONG." But to each their own, really. :)
blk3
I didn't know slayers has a new series, maybe I'll watch it as I used to love th eold series.
zanzou
I have been loving it, but I admit to being very impatient for Xelloss to show up. Possibly affected by fanfiction, the last episode (three), I was briefly convinced/hoping that the villain would be the Beastmaster... even though that would NEVER HAPPEN that early.

I'm wondering if Xelloss is going to be an actual villain this time, because of some of things in the opening we see (namely, no one else who seems like they would be the main villain.)

:D Loving it and can't wait for more.
votd
Nice one. A new series isn't bad, actually it's pretty cool. The graphics and art, as well as animation has been greatly improved, though they resemble me Zero no Tsukaima a little - especially colours. But it's good to see Slayers again - new series are not boring.

And in the terms of fansubbing, glad to see so many good groups have started to release this great anime. I suggest DLing SS-Eclipse, they are great and fast. Their subs are outrageous! So fast, so good.

And Lina's voice... it sounds more mature!
blk3
Ahh, Slayers, brings back good old childhood memories.
zanzou
*hums* So, we're 5 episodes in, and Xelloss (my love!) has finally shown up. :) Can't say I'm displeased about him being [spoiler spoiler], since it seems to have been done in a in character/interesting way.

I'm really hoping that we get more shots of Xelas/the other of the five general who are left, this time around. Dynast, Deep Sea Dolphin... :) Still so many possibilities.

<3 Still happy with it, I must say.
blk3
Any idea where we can download Slayer Revolution episodes in PSP video format, I would love to see this anime on the go.
crimson_aria
blk3 wrote:
Ahh, Slayers, brings back good old childhood memories.

omg, so true. i didn't know of this new series too. now that geass is gone, i need to find stuff to feel the void. though, i don't think i can catch up with anything any time soon. exams. argh.