FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can I install Magento on frihost?

swizzy
Magento seems to require a many requirements. I posted the requirements below, I tried to check many from phpinfo.php but I dont really know how to check whether all the extensions are there. If they are not there, is there a way I can enable it, or Magento cannot be installed on frihost at all? Crying or Very sad

Quote:
# PHP Compatibility:

* 5.2.0 and above
* Required extensions:
o PDO_MySQL
o simplexml
o mcrypt
o hash
o GD
o DOM
o iconv
* Safe_mode off
* Memory_limit 32M or more

# MySQL:

* 4.1.20 or newer
* InnoDB storage engine
rvec
I am trying to install it. It doesn't work on server one because curl isn't enabled there. I'll try on server2 later today.
swizzy
did you try it? it gave me a blank page!!! I'm confused, if something is missing it should give a php notice, that it couldnt find the extension right?

I'm now trying to install it on XAMPP
rvec
Quote:
PHP Extension "pdo_mysql" must be loaded

That's the error I got on server 2. So I guess that means it's not possible on server 2 either.
Bondings
A blank page might be due to memory restrictions. The limit is normally high enough, so this seems weird for a fresh installation. Of course, a default installation might need a lot of memory, but then it's either badly scripted or very bloated.
rvec
nothing wrong with the software, it's more likely a problem with some chmod or corrupt file. And it's not possible to run it on frihost.

I need to get it running myself to try it out so if you want to just try out the software pm me and I'll give you admin access to an installation on my own server (if I can get it running there).
georgeodowd
rvec wrote:
And it's not possible to run it on frihost.

By 'it' do you mean Magento? I'm also trying to set this up on my website in order to try it out, but ran into the same issues. In fact, I get:

Quote:

o PHP Extension "pdo_mysql" must be loaded
o PHP Extension "mcrypt" must be loaded
o PHP Extension "curl" must be loaded

I'd hate to think there's no way at all I can use Magento on my website... Sad
rvec
not possible, you can try some other webshop or bother bondings with enabling those functions (I'd agree).
DjMilez
What is Magneto anyway? =S
rvec
oh please.
Ever heard of google?
georgeodowd
rvec wrote:
not possible, you can try some other webshop or bother bondings with enabling those functions (I'd agree).

OK, I'm going with OSCommerce (www.oscommerce.com) now... seems to be comparable, and has a lot fewer requirements! I'd recommend it to anyone who was looking at Magento.
rvec
try the above only if you don't want to change anything to the code. OSCommerce is written in PHP but is hard to modify because the code sucks.