FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

chobits

neyconcepts
anybody here who really like CHOBITS?

"Chobits" is set in the near future where persocoms are common in the world.
Libby
It's okay.

Beautiful art, definitely!

But I hated the ending and the perviness.
roninmedia
There was definitely some personal dislikes of the ending to me because I felt it could better. There were a series of loose ends that did not get tied at the end. Truthfully, CLAMP could have gone many many directions with the series, making it more poignant and philosophical, but CLAMP isn't the type of company to produce that type of anime. I thought it seemed slightly rushed to produce the ending. I suggest you read the manga as it is more fleshed out and better explains Chi and the other persocoms.

CLAMP manga is almost universally better than when they are adapted to the animated series.
Starrfoxx
I"ve been watching Chobits recently on DVD from the library. I've got through 8 episodes, so far. The series is kind of corny, but I find some of the freeze frame, humorous animation funny. I no nothing about the series, so I"ll be interested to see where this one goes.
PureReborn
I like the premise of the story but for some reason I cannot stand CLAMP's art style. The whole super thin body and long arm/legs thing just annoys me.
dude_xyx
This is bit old Anime isn't it ? i remember watching several episodes. couldn't finished the whole series.
jigoku05
I hate Chobits as any other CLAMP anime. The only clamp series I've watched from start to end is Magic Knight Rayearth. Since It's when I'm still a kid who watches any anime available on tv.

PureReborn wrote:
I like the premise of the story but for some reason I cannot stand CLAMP's art style. The whole super thin body and long arm/legs thing just annoys me.

True! Code Geass would've been perfect if it wasn't for CLAMP's character design.
ato784
Personally I enjoyed Chobits, although at times it was a bit frustrating, since Chi was so childish and I disliked the ending. I felt that it could have been better. Also, just before this show I had watched a really bad show, and anything would have seemed good after it so, i could be a bit biased about how good it was.
dude_xyx
Those Chobits fans should check Sora no Otoshimono. Its very much like Chobits but lot better story wise and graphic wise.
ato784
neyconcepts wrote:
anybody here who really like CHOBITS?

"Chobits" is set in the near future where persocoms are common in the world.

I remember enjoying Chobits, however it has been to long for me to really like it. I just have fond memories of watching it.
drunkenkoz
I've seen chobits and sora. Those are both great animes and a must watch.
Nintendo
I thought chobits was an amazing idea, and it's definitely one of my favourite animes today Smile

I hear that the manga developped a lot more story and character than the anime.

For me, the anime combined good art and good music with a really sweet undergoing storyline and philosophical debates regarding human-technology relationships and addictions! It really opened my eyes a little bit Smile
drunkenkoz
Nintendo wrote:
I thought chobits was an amazing idea, and it's definitely one of my favourite animes today Smile

I hear that the manga developped a lot more story and character than the anime.

For me, the anime combined good art and good music with a really sweet undergoing storyline and philosophical debates regarding human-technology relationships and addictions! It really opened my eyes a little bit Smile

WOH! You're actually thinking of getting it on with a robot. That's what I got out of what you just said.
Nintendo
Erm...no..

In terms of addictions, think generally about the people of today. There are so many people (probably including myself) who probably spend way too much time on their computers and phones and games consoles etc, whiling away the summer days indoors.

Technology in general, is an addiction for many people... You can find yourself very attached to your computer or your phone or a game, and get to a point where you even might forget to eat just cos you're so into playing your game... And this is a lot of what the anime teaches I think.

Just imagine if then all of those things, in addition with providing you these addicting things, actually manage to communicate with you (have conversations with you etc.) It would only intensify the addiction, and I think it's perfectly reasonable to predict that people could even become in love...

Let's wait 30 years for the robot age and see what happens Razz
clydejaw
I use to be a big fan of chobits - probably the thought of having a cool robot around with the ability to show emotions and affection. It's kind of exciting how we're heading towards the new age of robots and them being able to reciprocate to our emotions - http://www.itbusiness.ca/it/client/en/home/News.asp?id=59074 check this out!!! give it some makeup, a wig and a cute dress and we're all sorted Wink actually watching that again is actually quite creepy.

HEDIKI!