FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Lion King II's real protagonist

takashiro
Having watched this movie, I feel that the movie doesn't mentioned Simba very often. It seems that Govu and Kiara are the protagonists, not Simba. Shouldn't the name change into The Lion Princess?
Psycho_X52
It's the legacy...

Well, even if Govu and Kiara have all the action, it's Simba's drama... parent's stuff. I don't recall the ending very well, but he is the backbone of the series.
Fake
i think i have not seen this movie yet!
i have seen lion king 1 and a half though
takashiro
The ending is that Simba stands on the Pride Rock and a voice of Mufasa, Simba's father said, "Well done, my son..."

In addition, Scar's group and Simba's group are combined because of Kiara and Govu's effort.
guissmo
Well, it's supposed to be a sequel to The Lion King.
And it's all in the name. If they named it The Lion Princess, less people would have watched it.
Fake
THanks for this topic, I watched that movie after all pretty good fun movie to watch, although not a fan of the number of songs in it
NOw that I have seen it, doesnt the name say "Simba's Pride"?
mgeek
takashiro wrote:
Having watched this movie, I feel that the movie doesn't mentioned Simba very often. It seems that Govu and Kiara are the protagonists, not Simba. Shouldn't the name change into The Lion Princess?

The title is "Simba's Pride" isn't it. "Pride" has two meanings, a lion's family and Simba's favoritte daughter. So the focus is not really on Simba but on his family, and especially on his daughter. That is why I think it has a good title.