FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

what is a bridged connection?

Srs2388
In vista I was messing around with settings in my network... I was connected to my wireless but I was at a house that was close to mine. I could still pick it up.
So I had an idea... (it was probably a stupid one)
I plugged into there internet and then I did a bridged connection to the wireless and what i was connected to.
but nothing happened?
could someone explain it to me..
positive_vibes
Pointless, don't do it. There are ways to achieve what you are attempting to do, or what I assume you are trying to do, which is increase bandwidth and connection speeds by merging separate connections. To do such tasks is a pain in the ass and really not worth the trouble as most semi-efficient means require linux. The bridging capability in Windows is meant for distributing one connection to multiple machines via cat5 crossover cable, not for load balance of separate connections. I won't say what you are trying to do is impossible, just saying that it's hard, confusing, and all-in-all not worth the effort.

I only use my bridge for sharing my wireless connection between my PC and PS2. Both can operate on one connection at the same time but they distribute bandwidth between them. One's data transfer will directly effect the other if you do this.
Srs2388
it showed it was sending and receiving packets of data... think i could tinker with it some more and get it to go hella fast?

EDIT:
I'm also picking up 2 wireless connections... could i bridge these as one?
I think this other person has 2MB because i get a 1.5MB on a speed test and it's a poor signal

will it work better if i smoke some salvia first? lmao
kidding.