FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FFS now my sites giving my a 500 Error

homer09001
what's going on first my forum does it now my site 5 minutes ago it was working fine now my sites gone tits up

if this keeps happening im gonna start ordering payed hosting which offers me 4 times as much space etc
Sunny
Ouch!,,, go to Error log (in Cpanel there is a button error logs) and see what exactly it is logging there for 500 error.

I wonder if its "file doesn't has execute permission" error
homer09001
[2005-09-06 19:09:30]: error: file is writable by others: (/home/homer090/public_html/easyjetv/index.php)
Sunny
Ok now try changing the permission of your index.php file

browse the file homer090/public_html/easyjetv/index.php using your Ftp agent Chmod the file to 644 in other words this should be checked

Read >>>owner , group, world
write >>owner
execute >> None

if you dont have ftp agent or cant figure out how to do it, you may use ftp explorer. Open an Internet explore and give following address

ftp:\\username:password@frihost.net (replace username and pw with ur cpanel username and pw)

browse that index file,. right click on it and go to properties, set the chmod to

Read >>>owner , group, world
write >>owner
execute >> None

I hope this will fix your problem!
Sunny
I noticed both your forum and site are working fine so I guess that helped you sort out the problem.May be lil courtsey to let us know its fixed so the members will stop posting and suggesting things... but nevermind!

Also You need to add an index.html file to your public_html folder or use Cpanel indexing to disble directory indexing.
homer09001
yeah sorry bout that was very busy but thanx for the help and yeah i know about the public_html folder
Bondings
I'm glad it's fixed now. I was getting quite worried about those errors. Wink