FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

More drawings. (And then there was COLOR!)

ocalhoun
I've been busy again lately making more strange drawings instead of taking notes.
The strangeness has increased, but so has the skill involved (as compared to the older set of drawings).
The biggest development is that I've acquired colored pencils, which has brought my doodling to a whole new level. Enjoy, and tell me what you think! Which one is your favorite?

This one started with a bear, then the bear just happened to catch on fire, then I had to explain why the bear was on fire, so I made a safety lesson out of it.

I was just playing with transparency here. I found that I could actually do it rather well, which came in handy later. I don't know why I made the beacon antenna on fire, but that was thrown in for good measure.

Just kind of a joke I made. Being new to using colors, I was having fun using the brightest ones I could find.

Completely random. Just random. What else can I say?

I had fun drawing this little one, and it turned out well, despite me not putting much time and effort into it.

An updated version of my water drop on fire, this time in color, but it didn't turn out as well as the old one.

And now, straight from your favorite Saturday morning cartoon:

This one is just a little bizarre. Fun to do though.

More playing with colors. I think the water here turned out nicely, thought the fish's proportions are wrong.

Just decoration I added to the end of a line. It turned out cool though, so I included it.

This plant wants to eat you. That is all.

I have no idea what these really are. They started out as splashes of water, then became alien spaceships, and now they look somewhat like stalagmites... Any ideas?

This started as just connecting some random dots. Then I made sure that only triangles existed between dots. It went on from there. Sorry about the blurring, but though that information is not classified, it shouldn't be just casually posted on the internet either.

Kind of an abstract work, but it was meant to convey a definite feeling, does it work?

Creativity was running out when I made this one, so I was just doing random 3D shapes.

This is the result of one of my classmates saying that his two favorite jobs would be either assassin or astronaut... The conversation moved on to things like this:

This is sort of a sideways palm tree, but not really. I forget what it was really supposed to be.

This is my personal favorite, and I think it turned out extremely well. I think I'm going to make a sig out of it later. This one actually got a compliment out of the teacher.

Though it is exceedingly strange, this one turned out very well. The texture on the ... uh ... thing on the top was inspired by the bark on a crate myrtle tree.

One of my classmate's name is 'webb', which gave me an idea for something to draw.

This was the very first thing I did with the colors. I hadn't figured out all my techniques yet, but it still turned out well.

Inspiration from breakfast: (Cherry pop tart)

I was looking in a novel for random words to inspire a drawing. What did I get? Tennis, Court, Sprawl, Sprout... So, here is a tennis sprout growing out of a sprawl court.

This was just a quick 'I'm very bored' drawing. The tree was okay, but the eye was not.

This is perhaps one of the most interesting ink drawings I've ever done. I even tried to use transparency with it.
Diablosblizz
I'm not no expert on images, but your swirl one, "This was the very first thing I did with the colors. I hadn't figured out all my techniques yet, but it still turned out well.", is a very great picture! I love it, simple design but very complex to draw. I love how it looks layered, good job!
Genesiz
Some of the lightining bolt ones are really amazing, and the others show a lot of imagination (even if they are completely random Very Happy )

I've been thinking about making a banner for up soon-to-be-here website which would include lightining bolts similar to this. If you sharpened up some of the lines and stuff, i might think bout commisioning a picture from you (for payment of course).
ocalhoun
Genesiz wrote:
Some of the lightining bolt ones are really amazing, and the others show a lot of imagination (even if they are completely random Very Happy )

I've been thinking about making a banner for up soon-to-be-here website which would include lightining bolts similar to this. If you sharpened up some of the lines and stuff, i might think bout commisioning a picture from you (for payment of course).

I would probably just draw the shapes, and put them into photoshop to make all the effects and colors I did earlier, in order to make it sharp, since I don't have a scanner, and a camera works, but makes it obvious that it is a picture of a page. Just ask though, it shouldn't be a problem at all.
Ghost900
The stuffed animal bear holding the candle is cute and the transparent green bottle is a pretty good technique as well Smile

The Decorating end of a line is a very good looking design, as is the one that has triangles with blurred names, that one is a great and non-congruent design

The colorful water/spaceship/stalagmites one looked like a funky vegetable to me Laughing

The one with the swirls and lightning is a really good one with the way they spread after they hit each other.

A lot of creative designs with a good number of nice drawings. Very Happy
ocalhoun
Ghost900 wrote:

The colorful water/spaceship/stalagmites one looked like a funky vegetable to me Laughing

Ooh, I should have gone that route... Now I'll have to do it again!
jurl
woowww nice!!
I liked all of them but emm I specially liked the 8th from end

keep up the good work
driftingfe3s
That's some very intresting and unique stuff. When ever I take my sketchbook out i'm always at a blank.

LOL, I like how you used your notes or handouts to draw on.
MM357
That's what I call art .. I like those people who are used to draw on every thing they own .. Books, Notebooks, Walls and even furniture Smile .. I feel that art is in mixed with their souls.

My favorite ones is the "Snake eating Something" and the "Chair Splash" .. However I see that all of them are magnificent pieces of art.