FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Chicago

huan9
Anyone ever been, or live in Chicago? My girlfriend is in school for Public Relations, with about a year left. We had thought about Phoenix, but Chicago is looking like a more reasonable option. Better places, nicer places, seasonal weather, and the crime rate is about the same. Any opinions?
wistom
i have no idea, i havnt been to chicago.
matt87
I didn't like the weather. One day it rained and it was very humid at the same time. Other days the weather was humid and nasty feeling. Oh, and the drivers are crazy over there. People walk in the middle of the street without even looking and the drivers don't care. I seen this one guy walking a busy street while eating this big sandwich didn't even look at the road. Other then that the city is real nice and I had family that use to live there and they loved living there. I don't know if my opinion helps at all. But if I were to choose living there or stay here in Southern Cali. I would defeanetly stay here.
ani-nightmare
too many people in Chicago.
cnnet
I've never been there before Arrow
so I don't have my own opinion
hahame
may be u can learn more in the website of chicago
thadnation
Ah, Chicago. The first thing you think is, "shit these building are tall." then you think, "this traffice sucks" the you realize that dozens of people are murdered every year in chicago. that's when you leave. for those who were gone that day in school, here's teh creation story of chicago:

a bunch of new yorkers said hey, we're loving all the drugs and violence, but it's too cold, so the moved west.
jabce85
haha, it is really windy and really cold in the winter.. but summers are really good.. if you do end up going and dig football (soccer) definitely check out their team (the Fire).. their field's just outside of chicago... worth the commute!
deanhills
huan9 wrote:
Anyone ever been, or live in Chicago? My girlfriend is in school for Public Relations, with about a year left. We had thought about Phoenix, but Chicago is looking like a more reasonable option. Better places, nicer places, seasonal weather, and the crime rate is about the same. Any opinions?

Phoenix and Chicago are almost opposite places in terms of weather and lifestyle conditions. If I had a choice I would have liked to live inland from San Francisco in the mountains or New-Mexico. Those are my favourite places. Chicago will probably be great from greater opportunities available, and Phoenix a smaller pond than Chicago, and usually one does do better in smaller ponds. Arizona is nice to live in, cost of living will no doubt be much lower, and it is central and in close proximity to Nevada and California. Good place for sure.
paul_indo
I once had a month holiday in the US and drove from L.A. to New Orleans and back again. I had hoped to get north to Chicago and hear some of the great Chicago Blues music but I was running short of time and didn't make it. Maybe one day I will get there.
ocalhoun
Something I've never really understood... Why would someone want to live in a place like Chicago?
What's the attraction of it?
Surely, some might go there because of a good job opportunity, but surely that can't be everyone's case, can it?
Its a big fast-paced city, but there are other, bigger, faster cities...
la_Duchess
I've been several times. I love Chicago. It's a real nice place to visit. I found the city streets to be clean and the food fabulous. The view of Lake Michigan is awesome too! I plan to visit Chicago again real soon!
Crazy_Canuck
I have visited both places, and if I had to choose one place to live, it would be Chicago. Yes, the weather stinks in the winter, but I feel the city is so great, so active, vibrant. Phoenix, blah. The weather in the summer is BRUTAL, the airport stinks, the city is so sprawling, and traffic is awful, awful, awful.
mikeperhem1
I want to go there once but yet I have no information about that. You can concern with the tourist agency, they will help you a lot.
mikeperhem1
I want to go there once but yet I have no information about that. You can concern with the tourist agency, they will help you a lot. My friend went there and he told me that it is such a beautiful place to visit.