FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Blackberry

KatanaSky
I really love my Blackberry (I have the Blackberry Pearl 8100) some day I would like to upgrade to the newer version but at the moment I am totally content with mine.

It's so easy to text, reception is great, and it's just an awesome smartphone.

Anyone else have one?
crdowner
I have a BlackBerry 8800. It has a much nicer screen than my previous BlackBerry 7290 model. It is a little harder to type on though since the keys are very close together on the 8800 model.

I have a love/hate relationship with my BlackBerry. I like being able to read email, makes calls, send email, see my calendar, etc. but I am addicted to it. I check for and respond to email too often. Plus, sometimes a person just does not want to be found.
jwellsy
Are Blackberry's good for surfing the net?
Can they read flash sites?
william
jwellsy wrote:
Are Blackberry's good for surfing the net?
Can they read flash sites?

The BlackBerry web browser is pretty decent for a mobile device, but it is by no means the best. The biggest issues, in my honest opinion, is the lack of horizontal scrolling and that it can't render tables properly. And there is no flash support, primarily because the CPU isn't powerful enough.

But for a mobile device, it's pretty good.
psycosquirrel
I have a phone for calling, and a Nokia 770 Internet Tablet for mobile browsing (when I can't bring my [smaller-than-the-Macbook Air] Dell Latitude X300 with me).

They're pretty cool. The most recent refresh has all sorts of capabilities. Mine's VERY outdated. Check it out through Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_770

I think the most recent update is the Nokia N810, if you want to look it up too.
lethaltriad
Right now I have a motorola a1200 but i ordered a blackberry curve. Just waiting for it to be shipped and i'll be a crackberry addict for sure =). Its gonna be perfect for me to keep track of my business since i'm always on the road doing shoots.
Liu
william wrote:

The BlackBerry web browser is pretty decent for a mobile device, but it is by no means the best. The biggest issues, in my honest opinion, is the lack of horizontal scrolling and that it can't render tables properly. And there is no flash support, primarily because the CPU isn't powerful enough.

But for a mobile device, it's pretty good.

Does flash honestly take that much CPU power? You'd figure with the type of video games that you can run on a blackberry that it would be pretty decent with some basic flash. I suspect it's more of a browser compatibility.

I suspect because Blackberry phones are primarily for professional usages, not media/entertainment like that of iPhones.
psycosquirrel
Liu wrote:

Does flash honestly take that much CPU power? You'd figure with the type of video games that you can run on a blackberry that it would be pretty decent with some basic flash. I suspect it's more of a browser compatibility.

I suspect because Blackberry phones are primarily for professional usages, not media/entertainment like that of iPhones.

Flash uses an ENORMOUS amount of processing for what it is. It is extremely inefficient, just like everything else Adobe releases. Twisted Evil
soljarag
I have a blackberry pearl and the best web browser for it by far is Opera Mini.. webpages come in exactly as they do on a desktop and it supports RSS feeds.

It doesn't support flash, although I don't think many phone browsers do

download it here: http://www.operamini.com/

the zoom function is my fav. feature
Skye001
I've owned a blackberry (8100, 8130) but I've jumped ship and gone onto the iPhone ship. Don't regret it at all. Iphone is just in a league of its own at the moment.