FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Forum/phpBB not working [solved]

Loghete
Our forum at http://cheesemedia.net/forums/ has not been working for at least a day, it only displays a blank page. All files seem to be OK, I've checked them through both FTP and cPanel, and I can view the images normally. The database also seems fine.

Any ideas? Is there currently a problem with the PHP on server 1?

Thanks in advance.
rvec
did it work before?
And did you change any settings just before it stopped working?
Loghete
Yes, it's been working before.

And no, I didn't change any settings. I haven't touched them for at least two weeks. I just woke up yesterday and it wasn't working.
silverdown
Your generated source code is for every page I visited.
memberlist.php
index.php
Faq.php

Code:
<html><head></head><body></body></html>

I would re-upload everything and just configure the config.php file to your settings, here is the link to rebuild you config.php file without installing though setup. your data might still be in the database.

http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/rebuilding-your-configphp-file/

Unfortunately if you had any mods installed they are erased from the files, if your DB is ok the mod data should be find after re-editing the files.
Loghete
The thing is, the files are there, and they're exactly as they were. But they won't show up in the browser.

I've checked the permissions and they're fine.

I also tried re-uploading some of the php files but it won't fix the problem.
rvec
maybe it's the .htaccess file, you could try changing the name of that and then access your site.
Loghete
rvec wrote:
maybe it's the .htaccess file, you could try changing the name of that and then access your site.

Hmm, changing that did nothing at all.
mOrpheuS
Loghete wrote:
rvec wrote:

Hmm, changing that did nothing at all.

Looking at the error log, there appeared to be something wrong with the "cache" folder (which I presume is a product of a cache mod).
I've removed and recreated this folder. Your forum is now working fine.

You may want to look further into what could have caused the corrupted cache. (the old cache folder is present in the cPanel filemanager trash )
Loghete
Oh, thank you so much Smile

Yeah, everything seems to be working, but I'll have a look in the old cache.