FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Colombia hostages released

iyepes
Ingrid Betauncour and 14 more hostages (three of them USA citizens), were liberated today by Colombia National Army.

I only can express my full joy and I thank God and the army for having finished this nightmare for these people and their families.

I expect the hundreds of families still suffering this, can be conforted by God, and they can receive this wonderful news in the future.
HalfBloodPrince
That's great! =)
liljp617
Good. 5+ years in captivity...sad we couldn't free them earlier =( But glad they're home and safe.
ganesh
Good to hear the sufferings of many families around the world draws to a close with the release of these hostages. Hope that human suffering declines and people all over the world lead a contended life.
deanhills

This is a photo of Ingrid in 1998. Just when she started her campaign for rooting out corruption. A far fetch from the photo below:

I also wonder why it took so long to get her freed?
gtoroap
I think that everybody here in Colombia are happy with the liberation of the hostages. However, there's still more than 600 hostages in the jungle right now and they realize her libery too.
deanhills
gtoroap wrote:
I think that everybody here in Colombia are happy with the liberation of the hostages. However, there's still more than 600 hostages in the jungle right now and they realize her libery too.

As many as that? That is really awful. How hopeless their daily lives must be? Hopefully Ingrid Betauncour and all the pressure groups that helped to release her can assist?