FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I Wanna Be The Guy!

Insanity
This is probably the most frustrating, difficult, insane platforming game there is. I mean, it basically lives to piss you off at every turn. Have a try at it if you want:

http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/downloads.php
Wuppie
Is it a safe download?
Nutteloos
Played that one a while ago. One of the most frustrating games ever made, and it's proud of that. Don't try if you don't enjoy bashing your head on your keyboard and wanting to throw your PC out of the window.
enygmasoft
Section Z still haunts my dreams, since I never passed it since it was too hard.
Nameless
I've just recently played this game, but even on the easiest difficulty level (which would be medium, complete with a pink bow for the cowardly kid) I only managed to beat two bosses, and I'm stuck being unable to beat a third.

Playing this game tends to alternate between hilarity (as the game kills you in the most stupid and unfair ways imaginable) and difficulty (as you now attempt not to be killed by the death traps). Even if you can't manage to get very far, as far as I'm concerned it is a game EVERYONE must play, if only so that 'totally impossible boss!!11!!' in any other game suddenly seems quite reasonable and relaxed. Razz
Nutteloos
Nameless wrote:
Playing this game tends to alternate between hilarity (as the game kills you in the most stupid and unfair ways imaginable) and difficulty (as you now attempt not to be killed by the death traps). Even if you can't manage to get very far, as far as I'm concerned it is a game EVERYONE must play, if only so that 'totally impossible boss!!11!!' in any other game suddenly seems quite reasonable and relaxed. Razz

I certainly agree with you on that last point. I doubt I'll every play another game that has me replay a few screens over hundreds of times. The couple of tries that other games take to beat the end boss seem nothing compared to this.
ovg8
My bro Finished this game but it took 8hours 40mins and 2262 deaths to actually get it all finished no hacks. Also he spent 3 months on it. Addicited much?
LostOverThere
It's insane. Essentially, the game goes a little something like this:

Jump Down, Get Killed, Restart level, Jump Down, Live, Jump down next section, Get Killed, Restart Level, and so forth. It's certainly not something to play if you're tired or just want a relaxing way to kill a few minutes.
cozziekuns
Actually, suprisingly I Wanna be the Guy was quite enjoyable for me. It has good music (yes i know its ripped from other games) and seriously its NOT THAT HARD. Its kinda funny seeing yourself fail again and again though it does kinda get frustrating. But still, its not a bad game. It took me like 2 weeks to finish.
weableandbob
Hardest.....game....ever.... Confused it's fun for a bit but then it just gets too frustrating Very Happy
SunD3R
Watching somebody who has already finished the game makes it look a lot easier than what it really is. I had a try after him and died immediately. FAIL to the max Very Happy
Bluedemon
Ah i remember that game. Really frustrating, I nearly threw my keyboard out the window lol
I guess they must be pretty proud of it, wander if anyone has got through it?
crossroads
All I know is that I wont just click on a download link without having some background information about it. What exactly is the game that you are talking about to start out? And who made it, and if there is a website what is it? I wouldnt mind trying it out but I wont without seeing something that makes me feel safer about it.
microkosm
Here is the link to the original site for this indie game: http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/

By the way I don't know if you guys actually want to play this game considering it's so friggin impossible unless you were/are a master of the snes or sms during the 8-bit era. Here's how one fan describes the game:
Quote:
I Wanna Be The Guy: The Movie: The Game is a sardonic loveletter to the halcyon days of early American videogaming, packaged as a nail-rippingly difficult platform adventure. Players fill the role of The Kid, a youthful, vaguely Megaman-esque protagonist on a quest to become The Guy. This inscrutable plot, however, is just a vehicle for a wide variety of inventive, well-designed and frustrating jump-and-shoot challenges that pay homage to many of the games you loved as a child. The ever-fragile Kid explodes in a shower of red pixels at the slightest brush from the game's many obstacles, from traditional spikes and bottomless pits to more unconventional killers, such as plantlife and puzzle pieces.

Using a multiroute layout not unlike a Metroidvania, the game grants a degree of deadly exploration, without those extraneous upgades meant to make life easier. The game provides players with a choice in terms of their deathrate, thanks to a variable difficulty setting that changes the number of save points from frequent to nonexistent. IWBTG is open to all players; knowledge of videogaming history is optional, and may not help against the frequently ironic and always sadistic deathtraps located herein. And so, the question is left up to you...

Do YOU have what it takes to be The Guy?
-- As Written by Forum Member Finale

For me what's more fun is to watch the masters try their hand at IWBtG. Check out youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvL3Vxn1g-8