FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Whats the purpose of life!!!

selammussie
no matter how &when we all gonna pass some day.Its logical truth &low of life so whats the big deal from the beginig?
people born, after limit times they go leaving every thing behind.
I thinkout,thinkout& thinkout.but in all the ways It seems to me life is meaningless!
and the diginity,esteem,popularity,beign rich,lucky &the somuch more other good things in life the way it seems to me is completely empitness,then If what it seems to me is what I belive absolutely

Why beign alive gives me a good sense?

Why my heart fill with endless hope &wishes?

why I afraid to die?

why I bother about my featurity?
when I only know that I survivre to day,&I ll egress the world one unknown day

why? why? Why?????

couldnt find the answer of any this questions!

so help me to find out

whats the purpose of life?
Wuppie
Some people believe in god, and think god is the purpose of life. I don't believe in god. I don't think there is any purpose of life. Create your own purposes. Just life your live and be happy, and when you die you have led a good life.
Arty
To better yourself physically, mentally, or spiritually. ^_^
Donutey
To exist.
catscratches

selammussie wrote:

why I afraid to die?
Evolution. A will to live and a fear to die is one of the things that arose from evolution. Without being afraid of dying, no dangers would be avoided, you'd die and you wouldn't reproduce. Simple as that.

It is my belief that we are just one among other creatures that inhabit the earth, there's no special purpose for us to live, our lives is just the outcome of our parents' reproduction. But when we're at it, why not make the ride enjoyable?
ocalhoun
Simple.

If you do not know the purpose of your life, then the purpose of your life is to find out what that purpose is!
airh3ad
wow to live to be happy and be the part of growing community. life is great thats why we are here on earth god create us for different purposes. life is life.
Helios
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!"
Laughing

Anyway, I think the purpose is to live a happy and healthy life, while contributing as much as you can for the lives of others. I think that the people who had the best life life are those who changed the world somehow, in a good way of course.
missdixy
the purpose of life?
to find a purpose.
deanhills
missdixy wrote:
the purpose of life?
to find a purpose.

Good one! Sometimes you have to dig real deep, or travel very far, or climb very high mountains. Sometimes the whole of one's life can be dedicated to a journey to find the purpose. Finding the purpose can become life's mission. Like those discoverers who could not stop discovering, the journey became the purpose. It can also be like the sad story of Chris McCandles, which maybe was not so sad in that he must have had a very strong life force to have had the passion, the purpose to let go of everything in his life that had defined him as "Chris McCandles" to find his way back to Chris McCandles through "Alexander Supertramp".
jon_k
Donutey wrote:
To exist.

i agree
vineeth
In spiritual India, we have a purpose for life and for this purpose only we are existing. That is "Awakening". It is also described using other words like realization, moksha, liberation, self-awareness, self-realization etc.

For a person with no exposure to Indian philosophy might found it hard to understand but once you did, your question is answered!

Think of you. Who you are really? Science says we are just another type of animal with a developed intellect. How developed? We are still asking why I am here!

Just ask yourself, who you are really. Because when you know that, then only your question of purpose of existence arises.

I am not giving you another headache, I'm sure. But I am also sure that untill then we are not sure about what we are really, or what is our real Self, we will continue in distress. The reason may be X or Y.. But the distress will be there.

If you are interested in reading, I would recommend you to read the book "Who am I?" by Sri Ramana Maharshi and "I am That!" by Sri Nisargadatt Maharaj. You will get a new direction of though where you will find your real peace. These books will help, atleast to direct you towards better questions and hopefully, better answers.

1. Who am I? > http://www.celextel.org/otherbooks/whoami.html
2. I am That! > http://www.celextel.org/otherbooks/iamthat.html

If you are interested in more information, please feel free to contact me.
a.Bird
ocalhoun wrote:
Simple.

If you do not know the purpose of your life, then the purpose of your life is to find out what that purpose is!

missdixy wrote:
the purpose of life?
to find a purpose.

Would you care to explain this? Although it may sound deep and provocative, I don't quite grasp the point. You're saying that everyone's purpose is to search. Okay, good. Search for what? Search for that same purpose that has already been defined? Search for the sake of searching? Search for a drug dealer? Search for global domination? I don't understand.
Wuppie
a.Bird wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:
Simple.

missdixy wrote:
the purpose of life?
to find a purpose.

Would you care to explain this? Although it may sound deep and provocative, I don't quite grasp the point. You're saying that everyone's purpose is to search. Okay, good. Search for what? Search for that same purpose that has already been defined? Search for the sake of searching? Search for a drug dealer? Search for global domination? I don't understand.

It's not that hard. If you think you have no puropose then find a purpose. Finding a purpose is then the purpose you have in your life. Easy!
HamsterMan
To become immortal.
Wuppie
HamsterMan wrote:
To become immortal.

Haha, good one! Eh?
ocalhoun
a.Bird wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:
Simple.

missdixy wrote:
the purpose of life?
to find a purpose.

Well, if you have no purpose, you might as well commit suicide. But finding a purpose is a good goal to work towards. I think everyone has different purposes for their lives, and if you are so lost as to not know yours, then the first order of business is to find that purpose. Is your purpose helping others? Enlightenment? Finding a way to become your true self (my own)? Gaining power over others? Leaving a lasting mark on the world?
Any of these would be valid. You'll know you've found your purpose when you find something that doesn't feel like a waste of time once you get bored of it.
HamsterMan wrote:
To become immortal.

To what purpose?
webpagist81884
To do good things and treat family right.
Revvion
I don't think there is any specific purpose in life, just decide for yourself because in the end (if you don't believe in god etc) only you can decide if you lived well.
PatTheGreat42
The answer to all your questions is: "'Cause there's nothing good on television." And, if that doesn't work, "Because there's a good show on television."
erlendhg
Sadly, I don't really believe that life has a greater purpose.
But if I am going to be a bit philosofical, I would say that you live to experience.
Thumpercats
Get born

Work

Die.

That is as simple as life is.
airh3ad
my life is important to evryone most specially to my family and my wife.
the-guide
Healthy living and happily with my family that enough for me.
EyesBlu
To reproduce and/or be an asset to the human race. There could be no greater meaning.
vineeth
I have got another point...

To live, as all are putting it that simple, the meaning is living itself. Everything else you are adding to the simple basic life. Your ego, your family, your society, your country and everything you see, is added to the simple basic entity - you - by yourself.

The meaning of life now changed, as you changed the basics itself. Now what's next? To live happy and let others be happy...
Gonzalo
The meaning of life may be resumed as watching a monty python´s film.

That or going to a cinema and watch a Isabel Sarli scene.
driftingfe3s
To have fun and spread a little joy. Or die trying to.
psycosquirrel
The purpose of life for everyone is different. As sentient beings, we inherently choose our own purpose and meaning in this world. Some may amount to nothing, while some will accomplish wonderful things.

But, in the scale of it all, what you have built, conquered, or earned really means nothing without happiness. Life is about enjoyment. Life is about fun. We all have to work to meet our basic needs, but you need to always remember to, at the end of the day, be as happy as you can be.

As mortals, we need to face the fact that every night could be the last time we fall asleep, or with each day we rise, that it could be our last. Don't fear death. Live with no regrets, and enjoy every second, every detail of this wonderful thing called life.

I do not fear death. Neither should any of you. Just in case there is an afterlife, always do what you believe in your heart is right. I believe that any higher being will judge you as worthy to enter paradise, if you only do that.

Our hearts fill every day with new ambitions, hopes, and dreams to keep us moving, to keep us pushing for something better. The world is wonderful, but you can make a difference, if only for yourself and those you love. We dream to love, to live better, and to one day create life.

Live life to enjoy life. There is no better way to live.
molif
till this day, the truth of life is not clear..

my purpose of life, live to the fullest..

so be good or bad choices, luck and tragedies.. i will lead my life to the fullest.. no matter what... but i would love to grow old and experience everything about life..
Josso
The ultimate purpose of your life is consumption and then death Laughing
myleshi
The meaning of life is simple: 42

If you watched the movie version of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" you'd know this. Laughing

But, on a more serious note: why should life have a meaning? Maybe there is no real meaning.
Afaceinthematrix
To exist... Life is all about survival. Live for as long as possible and always look out for yourself.
Josso
Ok I revise my previous statement, my PERSONAL purpose in life is to be creative and produce things that show my creativity and hopefully inspire others like music, video work, etc. It's a bit more complicated than that but I can't think right now.
heartbroken
selammussie wrote:
no matter how &when we all gonna pass some day.Its logical truth &low of life so whats the big deal from the beginig?
people born, after limit times they go leaving every thing behind.
I thinkout,thinkout& thinkout.but in all the ways It seems to me life is meaningless!
and the diginity,esteem,popularity,beign rich,lucky &the somuch more other good things in life the way it seems to me is completely empitness,then If what it seems to me is what I belive absolutely

Why beign alive gives me a good sense?

Why my heart fill with endless hope &wishes?

why I afraid to die?

why I bother about my featurity?
when I only know that I survivre to day,&I ll egress the world one unknown day

why? why? Why?????

couldnt find the answer of any this questions!

so help me to find out

whats the purpose of life?
Its just to live and well i am not so sure
James_Hicks
Life is to procreate and pass on ones genetics to a next generation. As far as I'm concerned, if you haven't done this or are not going to do this, then you are dead weight and a waste of perfectly good air. We are to raise children and pass on our legacies, our genes, our wisdom to help insure our immortality. I have produced two boys so far with this wife. Perhaps I can make more with another woman one day if this marriage becomes just another statistic. Damn woman got her tubes tied so no more soldiers to tend to my crops are coming out of this wife.
Afaceinthematrix
James_Hicks wrote:
Life is to procreate and pass on ones genetics to a next generation. As far as I'm concerned, if you haven't done this or are not going to do this, then you are dead weight and a waste of perfectly good air. We are to raise children and pass on our legacies, our genes, our wisdom to help insure our immortality. I have produced two boys so far with this wife. Perhaps I can make more with another woman one day if this marriage becomes just another statistic. Damn woman got her tubes tied so no more soldiers to tend to my crops are coming out of this wife.

How the hell does me not wanting kids make me a waste of space? There's already too many people on this planet so as far as I'm concerned you're just making the problem worse. Kids are bad investments and waste of life. Why the hell would I want to spend my life for someone else? You have your life, and don't try to put down people that aren't going to spend thousands or millions of dollars doing something completely pointless like supporting someone else. Kids are just leeches on their parents. I, on the other hand, can do whatever I want whenever I want because I don't have kids to raise. I have more money than I need. I live to have fun, I'm always out and about. No kids... no responsibilities.... no leeches...
myleshi
Quote:
Kids are bad investments and waste of life. Why the hell would I want to spend my life for someone else? You have your life, and don't try to put down people that aren't going to spend thousands or millions of dollars doing something completely pointless like supporting someone else. Kids are just leeches on their parents.

I sure am glad your parents didn't feel that way. Confused
Afaceinthematrix
myleshi wrote:
Quote:
Kids are bad investments and waste of life. Why the hell would I want to spend my life for someone else? You have your life, and don't try to put down people that aren't going to spend thousands or millions of dollars doing something completely pointless like supporting someone else. Kids are just leeches on their parents.

I sure am glad your parents didn't feel that way. :?

So am I. They don't view kids as a bad investment. If they did, then I wouldn't be here. They said that they got "joy" out of raising my sisters and me. But they know my views. They know not to expect grandchildren from me.
myleshi
Quote:
So am I. They don't view kids as a bad investment. If they did, then I wouldn't be here. They said that they got "joy" out of raising my sisters and me. But they know my views. They know not to expect grandchildren from me.

Point noted!
saratdear
To exist among your fellow men, who are also searching for the purpose of life, and to do good to them, and to die with the satisfaction that you served your purpose of life.

Yes, philosophy is good. Laughing
Firilacroco
To perpetuate the human species
deanhills
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
James_Hicks wrote:

How the hell does me not wanting kids make me a waste of space? There's already too many people on this planet so as far as I'm concerned you're just making the problem worse. Kids are bad investments and waste of life. Why the hell would I want to spend my life for someone else? You have your life, and don't try to put down people that aren't going to spend thousands or millions of dollars doing something completely pointless like supporting someone else. Kids are just leeches on their parents. I, on the other hand, can do whatever I want whenever I want because I don't have kids to raise. I have more money than I need. I live to have fun, I'm always out and about. No kids... no responsibilities.... no leeches...

I think it is natural to want children. That is a basic phenomenon to human species and part of its evolution. You are born, grow up while learning from your parents and teachers, choose someone (preferable whom you love) to settle with and to have a family with. When you have children you become a teacher again and live through your children. When you have grandchildren you have a second chance to live through them too. Children connect us to who we are at a deeper level and give us roots. But to me that means in the overall. There may be individuals who prefer not to have children. Some individuals and couples have very strong convictions about not having children. They cannot see the sense of it and that is their right and choice. Life is probably about choices for all of us. In this respect none of it is good or bad. In the end we have to live with them, and to my mind in the end all of it is the same, whether you choose to have children or no children. Those who make a choice of having children may come to the end of their lives with regret possibly feeling that their children had held them back from full lives, and those who did not have children may come to the end of their lives with similar regrets in that they had it wrong, they should have tried marriage and had kids. Best to make the choices, live by them and enjoy. Life is pretty short and before you know it, it will be at the end of it.
lagoon
Just watch this youtube video of the song 'Purpose' from Avenue Q. All will be revealed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATf3SAqj30
myleshi
What makes anyone think there is or should be a purpose to life? What about simple random chance. Maybe the purpose of life is simply there is no purpose.

Just a thought Shocked
marrs
What about the argument that the "purpose" of life is to pass on one own's genes? Or at least the genes of one's close relatives.

I think if most people were honest with themselves, they would agree that the highest priority in their lives is the safety of themselves and of their family. Everything else comes secondary. While selflessness and altruism do exist, I think it's somewhat disingenous to pretend they are the norm. When a fire breaks out in a crowded building, you are as likely to be crushed to death by the mass of people rushing to save their own hides as you are to die from the flames.
deanhills
marrs wrote:
What about the argument that the "purpose" of life is to pass on one own's genes? Or at least the genes of one's close relatives.

I think if most people were honest with themselves, they would agree that the highest priority in their lives is the safety of themselves and of their family. Everything else comes secondary. While selflessness and altruism do exist, I think it's somewhat disingenous to pretend they are the norm. When a fire breaks out in a crowded building, you are as likely to be crushed to death by the mass of people rushing to save their own hides as you are to die from the flames.

True. Survival of the fittest. Instincts for survival. Same as the animals.
myleshi
Here is a good read for those interested:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meaning_of_life
McDucque
In the boring, practical sense I'd say the meaning of life is to do as much as possible to add practicality of convenience to the human race in the amount of time to which you are physically unable to provide anymore.
Zuex
Wuppie wrote:
Some people believe in god, and think god is the purpose of life. I don't believe in god. I don't think there is any purpose of life. Create your own purposes. Just life your live and be happy, and when you die you have led a good life.

I agree with Wuppie - Just life your live. LOL Twisted Evil
norbert1
accept that life has no purpose, just enjoy every day and stop worying about questions like this
Afaceinthematrix
deanhills wrote:
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
James_Hicks wrote:

I think it is natural to want children. That is a basic phenomenon to human species and part of its evolution. You are born, grow up while learning from your parents and teachers, choose someone (preferable whom you love) to settle with and to have a family with. When you have children you become a teacher again and live through your children. When you have grandchildren you have a second chance to live through them too. Children connect us to who we are at a deeper level and give us roots. But to me that means in the overall. There may be individuals who prefer not to have children. Some individuals and couples have very strong convictions about not having children. They cannot see the sense of it and that is their right and choice. Life is probably about choices for all of us. In this respect none of it is good or bad. In the end we have to live with them, and to my mind in the end all of it is the same, whether you choose to have children or no children. Those who make a choice of having children may come to the end of their lives with regret possibly feeling that their children had held them back from full lives, and those who did not have children may come to the end of their lives with similar regrets in that they had it wrong, they should have tried marriage and had kids. Best to make the choices, live by them and enjoy. Life is pretty short and before you know it, it will be at the end of it.

Nicely said. I made the choice to not have kids. I respect the decision of some to have kids. My problem was with what James_Hicks said.

Quote:

As far as I'm concerned, if you haven't done this or are not going to do this, then you are dead weight and a waste of perfectly good air. We are to raise children and pass on our legacies, our genes, our wisdom to help insure our immortality.

I feel that the statement was out of line and that he shouldn't have insulted people who don't want children. He should have kept an open mind.
[FuN]goku
Hmm, question , Shouldn't this be in the 'Philosophy and Religion' section? Razz

I won't get into this topic rofl.. I have too much to say on the subject and i don't feel like typing a whole lot tonight ^^
biljap
Purpose of life…
I think everybody has been thinking about that at least once, especially when they feel sad, lonely or empty inside…

You have to create your own purpose; people have different goals in their life. Some of them want only to enjoy Wink, somebody’s purpose of life is to help their children to become good persons, some of them wants to have successful career.

Just live your life, find something that you like and that makes you happy, make a lot of real friends and once you are satisfied with yourself and your life, you won’t be asking yourself what’s the purpose to live… Smile
ashish2005
What is the purpose of life?

I have no idea what the purpose of our human life is. Why are we here? is the major question to us all. But these days I do not bother about it. I have found out the purpose of my life. I know what I want to do and I want to be. So I do not bother how we came to exist in the world.

Wait a minute. May be that is the purpose of our own life. To find our own individual unique purposes and then leave this world one day (and don't even get started about where we go after leaving this world because that would be another new mysterious topic like this one)

A
blackfish
the purpose of life is to produce more life. go forth and procreate!
selammussie
biljap wrote:
Purpose of life…
I think everybody has been thinking about that at least once, especially when they feel sad, lonely or empty inside…

You have to create your own purpose; people have different goals in their life. Some of them want only to enjoy Wink, somebody’s purpose of life is to help their children to become good persons, some of them wants to have successful career.

Just live your life, find something that you like and that makes you happy, make a lot of real friends and once you are satisfied with yourself and your life, you won’t be asking yourself what’s the purpose to live… Smile

this is a very helpfull carrer
thank you somuch
I'll probably help me
James_Hicks
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
James_Hicks wrote:

Nicely said. I made the choice to not have kids. I respect the decision of some to have kids. My problem was with what James_Hicks said.

Quote:

As far as I'm concerned, if you haven't done this or are not going to do this, then you are dead weight and a waste of perfectly good air. We are to raise children and pass on our legacies, our genes, our wisdom to help insure our immortality.

I feel that the statement was out of line and that he shouldn't have insulted people who don't want children. He should have kept an open mind.

To each their own. Sorry if my outlook offended you. I just view to self-indulge on life without leaving something behind after ones death is just a waste. If kids are leeches and nothing more it is because the parent made them that way. Of course the world is overpopulated. It's because people self-indulge and "accidentally" have children. We know who they are. We see them raping the welfare system, on the Maury Povich Show, dropouts, just plain stupid people, and/or hooked on smack. And if it happened by "accident" to upstanding citizens, then they will more likely be better in society and take care of us when we get too old to wipe our own butts. But I stick to my views.
Zombie
no offence but you sound suicidal... Anyway the purpose of life is to find your purpose...in life =/
Nehallyn
Purpose? Who needs a purpose? Go out, have fun. Live, laugh, love. Fall in love, get married, have kids, grow old and die. It's a good system. As long as you are happy, why complicate it by adding something as practical as a purpose?
Arty
myleshi wrote:

If you watched the movie version of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" you'd know this. Laughing

But, on a more serious note: why should life have a meaning? Maybe there is no real meaning.

Isn't that just the ultimate question? D:
moof
Arty wrote:
myleshi wrote:

Isn't that just the ultimate question? D:

I have never watched that movie. But I think life is important to Earth. Really, the true meaning of life is your story, your own story and your destiny.
YungGunz
To me the meaning of life is this:

You only have one chance. You had better make that chance worth something. I mean, sure you could be like Hitler and start a mass-destruction, but Who's more important and Remembrance-worthy? Adolf Hitler, or Doctor Martin Luther King JR.?
ocalhoun
YungGunz wrote:
but Who's more important and Remembrance-worthy? Adolf Hitler, or Doctor Martin Luther King JR.?

A tough question, but I might go with Hitler, because 'if we don't learn from our history, we are doomed to repeat it', right? Which of those would you rather have a repeat of?
jsarnold
I doubt that life has a purpose, but is more of a journey.

Some journey's have a destination, but sometimes they're taken just for the experience.

Enjoy the ride, as you might say.

Have a look at this article about life/death, and see what you think:

http://www.mysticjohnculbertson.com/death1.html

Food for thought...?
jessic007
Purpose in life: to have fun whenever I can and to do as little bothersome tasks as possible without disrupting the balance.
blackfish
Afaceinthematrix wrote:

matrix, you're just a leech on society - if you're not going to have kids and be a productive member of society you might as well be a homosexual. (this response is not meant to be taken seriously, i am just being fascetious.)
jsarnold
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
...doing something completely pointless like supporting someone else. Kids are just leeches on their parents.

I am thoroughly disgusted that you should sit there and call my little boy a leech.

Raising a child is beautiful, creative, and the whole purpose of existence. Sharing this fabulous world with my little boy, showing him its wonders, delighting in his little discoveries, are marvellous beyond words.

There is nothing more glorious in this world than the sound of my little boy laughing and smiling at some new little discovery I have shared with him. Those moments are ones that last a lifetime.

I pity you, that you have chosen to slide through life without contributing to the enchantment and wonder of introducing the world to the next generation.

My son is not a leech, and I would ask that you do not label all parents as wasting time and money, and all children as worthless.

If you do not see the value in a child's innocent laughter, you have not lived.
blackfish
jsarnold wrote:

There is nothing more glorious in this world than the sound of my little boy laughing and smiling at some new little discovery I have shared with him. Those moments are ones that last a lifetime.

If you do not see the value in a child's innocent laughter, you have not lived.

yep, that laughter is indeed a magical thing..
James_Hicks
Zombie wrote:
no offence but you sound suicidal... Anyway the purpose of life is to find your purpose...in life =/

How can anything of what I said make me to sound suicidal? I have two sons to raise and don't have the slightest thought toward death. That's some bad observation.
RubySlasher
What's the point of the internet?!?!?!
Cyan
unless you're one of those religeous freaks or prophecy folks, life has no purpose. We are all born just to die so all of what weve done is a complete waste
kristine
To love and be loved Very Happy
ocalhoun
Cyan wrote:
unless you're one of those religeous freaks or prophecy folks, life has no purpose. We are all born just to die so all of what weve done is a complete waste

So why not commit suicide and get your purpose accomplished sooner?
Try to take out a few other purposeless wastes of breath while you're at it.

If our purpose is to die, this makes perfect sense.
jcvincent75
If you believe in God, Then maybe this answer is for you:We are alive so because God wants us to experience His love for us. We are alive so that we can see the beauty of life.

Perhaps for us people (or some of us), living doesn't make any sense, that's why we sometimes ask the question: "Why am I here? What's my purpose in this life?"

If we ask ourselves, why does something exist? Why is there a chair? Why is there a computer? or something like that. The answer is these things exist because we created them. We created them because we need it one way or the other. Humans never created a chair just for pure amusement. We created the chair so that it may have a purpose - for us to sit on it. Same goes to the computer, and perhaps same goes to us people. We are here because we have a purpose. Whatever that purpose may be depends on how we use our time here on Earth.

If you decide to help people in need, then that's your purpose. If you decide to be a great IT person, then that's your purpose. If you decide to sit there all day and let someone do your job, then that's your purpose. Everything has its purpose. The only thing that separates us humans from other things is that, we create our own purpose in life and not the One who made us.

So it depends on us what's the purpose of our life.

Cheers!
loonix
....to grow our souls allowing for eventual ascension to the 4th dimention of ocurse :p
PatTheGreat42
To Eat, Drink, and be Merry.
TurtleShell
myleshi wrote:

ok seriously, it's not just the movie version that says that.

Cyan wrote:

I believe your life only has meaning if you give it meaning, and it doesn't in any way need to come from religion.
Zuex
The purpose of my life is to grow up, be rich, have a family, show care and affection towards my girlfriend.

Not to FIND a purpose.
To CREATE a purpose.
daimei
I can't believe there is such a topic here as I just posted one on another forum.

Actually, it occured only after I read an article in one of those newspaper in China. It talked about how hard the workers in the funeral homes, I don't mean to be graphic, to dress and put each of the bodies in the incinerators....... It really grossed me out......geeesss......no mater how glorious those people may have lived their lives, to the workers, they're just dead bodies to be incinerated...

OK, I'm NOT going to think about this anymore........because LIFE, ......in the end........has not much MEANING left after all.
linkmenot
get laid i guess Very Happy
Dbarkol
Buddha says , living purposes of people are for finding the way to free . Smile
hofodomo01
To be able to enjoy an all-you-can-eat lunch buffet for only $7 US. But if you're in China, that's obviously not an option. It's more like, $2 US there 0_0 (or the old guy on the street selling pancakes each morning).
Arty
To make goals and fulfill them is a good answer. ^^
KronikSindrome
okay - I'll let yall in on a lil secret...

come close.....

closer!

...no no closer!

okay okay too close Rolling Eyes

listen careful now.....

the meaning...purpose! the secret...to life...is:

To buy me beer and rub my feet.
yeah! hey! it wasn't up to me...
it's just the way life was meant to be....
aren't you glad you know now?

yeah...so...where's my beer -wiggles foot in yalls face-

Wink Very Happy
goutha
Happiness... Work... reproduction!
apple
So after reading the last 3 pages I am none the wiser...the question still hangs over my head....
what is the purpose of life?

Some would say that the purpose of life is to find a purpose (HUH?)

Some say to find your purpose one must align them self with a higher being/state of consciousness/God....does this really work?

I find that I have more questions now than ever.

Rolling Eyes
Ork90
apple wrote:
So after reading the last 3 pages I am none the wiser...the question still hangs over my head....
what is the purpose of life?

Some would say that the purpose of life is to find a purpose (HUH?)

Some say to find your purpose one must align them self with a higher being/state of consciousness/God....does this really work?

I find that I have more questions now than ever.

Rolling Eyes

42? x)

There's no use searching for the answer. It just takes your time from the life.
You know: be happy, give more, expect less Very Happy
Actually: just be happy with your life (and with your wife Wink Very Happy )
Rico
My my, all this wisdom and nobody actually has the foggiest. Let me tell you what your purpose is. The sole purpose for your entire existence is to pay taxes. The first tax is Pay As You Earn. Before you even see your pay slip, you employer has already made a healthy deduction. Then you pay tax on the property you own, Rates & Taxes. You pay tax for driving a car, license and registration taxes. You pay tax when you buy something. General sales tax. There’s probably some taxes I’ve left out, but do you get the general picture?

Sorry about that but that one was just left wide open, the real purpose for your existence is unimaginably cool, but you wouldn’t believe me if I told you.
PatTheGreat42
The purpose of life is to post on FriHost. Yay FriHost!
mrcool
The purpose of life to is find out who you really are. you will find it out before you will die...

Go and reach out! Multiply....
crabfish
I didn't even have to read this thread to answer this one!

There is NO purpose in life. 'Life' just happens. it is what YOU choose as a purpose to live your life that matters. And you DO choose your purpose in life.

So I would ask these question: What is important to you? what makes you happy? Or even, What stops you from throwing yourself off a ledge? THAT, my friend, is the answer!
spring567
Life is a Journey, Not a Destination . Just join the long Journey happily , not live for anyone or any purpose .
amitniec
The purpose of life is to ENJOY and Help others.

My basic aim of life is just enjoy. I dont think too much about my failures.

i just enjoy the present moment.

i dont worry too much about the past.

i love to help other people as i feel happy in helping others.
Crinoid
If people have possibilities to change the way of life in positive for themselves direction, life may have meaning for them.

If not - then the life has meaning of paying for parents' choice to have children (or inefficient birth control), without giving them practical knowledge, how this world works, and becoming the part of the cheap work force supply, struggling all life to have the ends meet, paying every day dearly for the forced upon them "gift" of life, receiving nothing worth the price in return.

With each of them being the only judge of is this life worth of cost of living or not.
loonix
Its my belief that the reason we are here is to educate our souls so we may learn to live in love without fear, hate and greed. Souls that still require education are reborn upon death. Reincarnation if you will. Souls that have learned to live without fear, hate and greed will transcend to the 4th dimension a step closer to the creation.
RosenCruz
the purpose of life is finding out if we really do need a purpose to live ... Rolling Eyes
miacps
The only purpose of life is procreation. That aside, try to enjoy the experience of conscious reality while it lasts.
Bluedoll
purpose of this life . . . by Bluedoll

in my kitchen

everything in life is futility
what purpose can I see
why are things like this
what can all this really be?

when everything it seems is futility
all I have is but one cup fresh from the sink
and I look inside and what is poured into it
is there and I will enjoy it, for its mine to drink
ankitdatashn
Purpose of life??, to me it means to live life bindass(full of fun), it should be happening, no tension whatever, going out wherever you like, doing whatever you want to do, eating whatever you like to eat, sleeping whenever you like to, etc etc etc. In total it should be in the way as you like.

But yes the purpose of life should be to help others, never to harm others when they are harmless, like animals are less hamful that humans yet we kill them for eating and hunting for fun. This is shear idiotic, we should follow "live and let live" phenomenon.

That is purpose of life in my view.
endless
Purpose of life is to
reproduce,
and die
Very Happy

there is no real purpose, Everybody thinks diffrently and this is my opinion ^^ =/
watersoul
To have fun, be nice to everyone, do better with our own life than the ones that created us, and make more life that hopefully remembers all the good things we've done maybe?? Smile
Melacos
'Purpose' is a man-made concept, a functionalist point of view, that fits well into belief-systems and their teleological tendencies.
Our craving for having everything explained, is some product of our extreme brain-capacity (seen against other beings), and what follows from the self-reflecting capacities of 'Homo Sapiens Sapiens'.

With this said, I see nothing wrong with CREATING purpose, as that is something that comes natural to us. This is the thing that makes us move mentally through life, and not just physically.
Raydon
Personally I think and belive that there isn't really purpose of human being in this world.
Why? Because we don't do anything for the planet..we do just the opposite.

We are killing the planet with our poluttion and garbage.

While everything else has it purpose, from plants which give air and atmosphere to little worms (which human eye can't see) who make fertilizer for the planet from dead plants and animals.

Also everything goes into a circle... "circle of life", and humans just aren't in that circle.

So that's why I belive there is NO purpose for us being here. Confused
dcfive65
Life is Life...Live today like its your last. Its not what you think the purpose of life is but you make your own purposes of life..
slashnburn99
Many a day i used to think about this

Perhaps Im not going to be famous or a sports star, but might train someone who is.

Confusing, are we here to make life easier for our children?

Sooner or later the Earth will not be here............