FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Posting from Vietnam

QrafTee
So I'm on vacation... I'm visiting family and I thought it best to keep my posts up as it would be quite terrible to return to the U.S. with a shut down website. It's hot and humid here, flash storms keep you on your toes, and the pollution from thousands of mopeds, a few cars, and even fewer motorcycles keep you from breathing deeply. Well, just checking in.
ocalhoun
I've kind of wanted to visit Vietnam ever since I read a book about it...
Is the food as good a they say it is?
Rebbbbb
I heard vietnam is a very cool place to visit.
QrafTee
ocalhoun wrote:
I've kind of wanted to visit Vietnam ever since I read a book about it...
Is the food as good a they say it is?

The food is delicious so as long as you go there for Vietnamese food. It's pretty cheap compared to the U.S. for now. A rice platter which is easily $8.00 can be found for $1.50. I say for now because with the weakening dollar, and Vietnam's economical growth, it'll change soon before long.

Rebbbbb wrote:
I heard vietnam is a very cool place to visit.

On the contrary, it's a very hot place to visit.
sohel3
I heard vietnam is a very cool place to visit. I've kind of wanted to visit Vietnam ever since I read a book about it...
QrafTee
sohel3 wrote:
I heard vietnam is a very cool place to visit. I've kind of wanted to visit Vietnam ever since I read a book about it...

What book was this? I don't really read books about different places unless you include history books.
deanhills
Which cities did you visit? What was it that you liked the most about Vietnam?
QrafTee
deanhills wrote:
Which cities did you visit? What was it that you liked the most about Vietnam?

Arrived in Ho Chi Minh City, visit Saigon many times at night with my aunt and uncle (whose only like 2-3 years older than me). I recently visited Ngan... something, then went up to the mountain city in Da Lat...

So far, my family and the food.... wow... The beach is cool too, but my third time at the beach (we went to a different beach each time) I could have sworn the water tasted like oil... yuck! There is heavy pollution here with so many mopeds just cruisin' along every second of the day... and the night.