FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

forum with No Posts

shkhanal
Hi,

Recently launched a new forum and till now it contains no posts. Please review the categories and comment on it. You are invited.

http://www.studypark.site88.net/forum
GB
Well, I have a few suggestions for you on how to increase traffic:

1. I would start by customizing the look a bit. The simple machines forum is a great skeleton, but it doesn't look distinctive. Come up with a theme for your website based on your content and then apply it throughout the forum. That way, people will recognize it and it won't be as easy for it to fade into the background clutter that everyone sees everyday online.

2. Put users first. Right now, it looks like a forum for you. That's fine if you are doing a blog or other personal website, but it looks like you are trying for a community forum. To think users first, give them content that they will find useful. Base it all on your primary content and go from there.

3. You need to come up with your niche. Right now it seems like an "everything" forum which covers a wide variety of topics but the trade-off is that you don't get to get into anything very deeply. As a result, fewer people will want to post in your forum. It may seem counterintuitive, but to get people to post, you have to get more focused.

4. After you have done these things (especially the focusing part) advertise your forum on other forums like this one.

Good luck, and I hope this helps!
shkhanal
Thanks a lot GB. Your sincere suggestions are priceless for me. I start to work on you suggestions!

Thank you very much.
Helios
Great advices there.
I'd also remove some of the boards, to make it look less large an empty.
Start with only a few boards about the subject you're focusing on, and develop the community slowly from there.

Good luck!
nivinjoy
I could not see the forum mann...It was showing some database error...

Hope to see it soon...!!!
shkhanal
yes today their server down, whole day!
nivinjoy
Oh then its ok...!! But you could have tried installing it on Frihost server which is the best...!!!

Ok anyway hope to your forum as soon as possible...!!!
filesharing
write posts - nobody will create an account for a forum without content. But the one post you made is funny
Very Happy