FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Script Error When Attempting To Re-Install WordPress

flyfamilyguy
I missed out on the WordPress tutorial that describes how to log in as Administrator in order to configure.
The initial installation allowed me to log in and change the theme. But once I changed it, The new theme had no log in link! So I finally decided to delete WordPress, and try again.
But now when I try and re-install, I get the following Error Message:
Quote:
Install WordPress

The installation can not be completed:
- You cannot install more than one script in the root directory of a domain.
Click on the browser's Back button to fix reported errors.

I deleted every file/directory in root that was related to WordPress, but still no luck.
Any Ideas?
Thanks!
RiCtee
Did you take a look at the database? Might have to delete some stuff if you want a clean new install.
mOrpheuS
Quote:
Install WordPress

Looks like a Fantastico error message.

If you installed Wordpress using fantastico in the first place, you need to un-install it using Fantastico before it will allow you to install any other script in the same location.
flyfamilyguy
mOrpheuS wrote:
Quote:
Install WordPress

Looks like a Fantastico error message.

If you installed Wordpress using fantastico in the first place, you need to un-install it using Fantastico before it will allow you to install any other script in the same location.

Thanks. I think thats where I screwed up. I manually deleted all the directory's and files related to Wordpress that were in my root directory. (I did not realize that there was an Uninstall option.)
I also deleted all databases. So Is there any way to work around this, and get back to where I was before the first installation? As things are now, I had to create a new directory and install Wordpress there. http://flyfamilyguy.frihost.net/flyfamilyguy
Thanks!
mOrpheuS
flyfamilyguy wrote:
Thanks. I think thats where I screwed up. I manually deleted all the directory's and files related to Wordpress that were in my root directory. (I did not realize that there was an Uninstall option.)
I also deleted all databases. So Is there any way to work around this, and get back to where I was before the first installation?

I've cleaned the old installation entry from your Fantastico logs.
You should now be able to install another script into your domain's root using Fantastico.

flyfamilyguy wrote:
As things are now, I had to create a new directory and install Wordpress there. http://flyfamilyguy.frihost.net/flyfamilyguy
Thanks!

You can manually move this installation of Wordpress to your domain's root, but the same problem remains - Fantastico will still have the old location as the script installation path.
Which means you won't be able to upgrade it using Fantastico anymore.

Unless, ofcourse, you also manually update the script installation path in Fantastico logs.

Autoinstallers are easy ... but they can be a pain in the long run Wink