FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Word 2007 Problem

RiCtee
Every time I open Microsoft Word 2007 I get the following error as a message box:

Quote:
This document could not be registered. It will not be possible to to create links from other documents to this document.

When I open a word document (.doc file) as well, I get the same message but with the file name at the bottom in brackets.

After I click "OK" everything seem to be running perfectly. So does anyone know what's wrong with it?
swizzy
Could be a problem with the default word template... i mean normal.docx, try reinstalling office though...
shkhanal
make a search for normal (default) document template and delete it. Deleting default template do not any harm. It is created automatically immediately when needed.

If the problem is being caused by template of word, it should be solved. If not there might be other solutions.

Reinstalling Office again might be a solution you can attempt at last.
RiCtee
I deleted the Normal.dotm, Normal11.dot, and NormalEmail.dotm from C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates and started Microsoft Word and sure enough the message is gone. But when I close and restart it again, the message is back.

This is starting to get really annoying. I guess the last resort is to just reinstall it.
triniDj27
Hi,

Mostly this problem may occur with the software installation. So, as said before, try uninstalling the program [be sure to restart it after uninstall] and then re-install offfice again.
tamilparks
i think u have not having the licesence, please purchase it and use.
guissmo
I think I'm having the same problem. I just open Word 2007 then when I try to open any file, it just freezes. Is it the same thing? And how exactly do I fix it?
RiCtee
guissmo wrote:
I think I'm having the same problem. I just open Word 2007 then when I try to open any file, it just freezes. Is it the same thing?

My problem before was an error message popping up every time I open Word, but after that there's nothing wrong with it.

The easiest fix would be to run the Microsoft Office Setup (through Add or Remove Programs -> Microsoft Office 2007 -> Change) and choose Repair. It might take a while but any problems should be fix.
guissmo
I already reinstalled Word 2007 and nothing changed. A good note is that only MS Word is affected, and not the other office programs. Does anyone know how to fix this? Please help. You know how it feels to have Word malfunctioning like hell. Smile Thanks in advance.
shkhanal
Your problem is with the Normal template no doubt. As you've said you deleted the normal template and it was OK but when closed and restarted again the problem started, this indicates there is some virus that is infecting the normal template of Ms-Word.
guissmo
shkhanal wrote:
some virus that is infecting the normal template of Ms-Word.

How do I find or get rid of this virus?
shkhanal
Please wait. I need to make a search about the viruses that infect office template files. I'll post here if I find any solutions.

Till that time try one thing, create a new template based on any of the built in Word template and remove any contents from it and save it. Create all the document based on this new template and see if that virus infects again or not for that new template.
guissmo
Any other solutions? I know I can switch to OpenOffice anytime, but it'll take a lot of adjustments as I'm usually OC in making documents.