FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Frihost directory question

inphurno
i have a question about how pages are ranked in the Frihost directory. This month i forgot to pay 10 to boost my ranking but i noticed that my page that has 84 clicks is ranked lower than pages with 60 or 50 or even 40 clicks. the sites dont seem to be put in alphabetical order so how exactly does it work when 2 sites have the bid the same amount of Frih$s ?
mathiaus
It then seems to order by their ID which relates to how long they have been in the directory. You'll notice their ID in the links go up.

I'll just let Bondings confirm this though as I'm working with the end product only.
inphurno
If this is the case wouldn't it make more sense to have sites that are more popular higher in the list instead of those that are older?
mathiaus
More clicks doesn't mean more popular though, especially when people cheat.

Age is actually fairly good although admittedly not perfect. If someone has been paying $frih for their directory listing for 3 months, its likely to be a better quality than one who has just submitted, even if they do have more clicks.

I don't think this is done deliberately by the way. I suspect they are ordered by the $frih spent and then the database automatically (they all do it), orders the rest by their ID.
inphurno
interested to see the official answer, what you said makes more sense mathiaus but i dont think many people are siting and clicking on their own links... or maybe i'm just too naive!