FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Diablo III

gh0stface
So it looks like Blizzard has been working on Diablo III. Has any one watched the trailers? It looks pretty frickin sick.

Hope my current machine will be able to run it as I really don't really want to upgrade it or purchase new parts Razz

Stupid Blizzard for making quality games... it looks like I'll be most definitely purchasing this and Starcraft 2...
David_Pardy
I can't wait to see what it looks like!

I hope the gameplay is as good a jump as Diablo was to Diablo 2.
umeshtangnu
gh0stface wrote:
So it looks like Blizzard has been working on Diablo III. Has any one watched the trailers? It looks pretty frickin sick.

Hope my current machine will be able to run it as I really don't really want to upgrade it or purchase new parts Razz

Stupid Blizzard for making quality games... it looks like I'll be most definitely purchasing this and Starcraft 2...

Just watched the trailer its awesome .I think the game will work on current systems without upgrade or purchasing new parts as it does not need directx 10 .
Waiting for launch
Helios
Hell yes! Finally!

Watched the gameplay trailer. It really looks like Diablo II, but with better graphics and features. This is too awesome Very Happy
Definitely going to get this one.

Did anyone notice that the 'witch doctor' is simply a version of the necromancer? Confused
lastelement0
From ign.com's coverage on D3

Quote:
The witch doctor, on the other hand, seems to be more of a caster with a pet-control ability. Jay Wilson, a lead designer on Diablo III, said the witch doctor is not a replacement for Diablo II's necromancer. Witch doctors can cast a locust swarm that bounces between enemies, causing damage, or buffs the attack of any pets it's cast upon. He also gets a fire bomb ability, which appeared to be a limited range area of effect fire spell, and the more interesting wall of zombies attack. The latter sprouts a group of zombies out the ground and, while they don't appear to move, they do block enemies and swat at them with flailing arms.

Right now ign.com has a nice section devoted to D3 coverage and they mention this. If you read on it shows the different abilities that it seems to have. I have a feeling that the witch doctor will end up being more like a cross between the druid and necro if you ask me.

i'm pumped for whenever this is to be released. if i have to i will be plenty willing to construct a new machine for it. from my reading it seems it will utilize a physics card if you have one. but who knows it is early yet.

one thing i am intrigued about is how they are discussing getting rid of the whole potion spamming scheme. instead they will move towards more of a health orb type process. their thoughts is that a method like this will inspire players to get into battle rather than hang back.

i just hope blizzard doesn't rush this project as the hype is sure to start building as fans find out about it. maybe they are farther along than we may think and could be released by the end of the year? that would be amazing and i will be there.
spinout
wow, this is great news - a must buy... I just love the older ones!
hofodomo01
Blizzard isn't even finished with SC2 yet and they're already working on DIII. Man, those guys at Blizzard are machines Smile
Bannik
hofodomo01 wrote:
Blizzard isn't even finished with SC2 yet and they're already working on DIII. Man, those guys at Blizzard are machines Smile

with the amount of money they made with WOW i am sure they have enough to make as many games as they want.

also the game looks awsome, i love the fact that they are keeping true to the diablo genre and are making a sick game.

and its a bonus that you can now have any gender for your class.....now all they need is a crazy character class and we are set
QrafTee
Bannik wrote:
hofodomo01 wrote:

with the amount of money they made with WOW i am sure they have enough to make as many games as they want.

also the game looks awsome, i love the fact that they are keeping true to the diablo genre and are making a sick game.

and its a bonus that you can now have any gender for your class.....now all they need is a crazy character class and we are set

There's only 5 character classes; barbarian and witch doctor has been confirmed. Looking back at Diablo II, there were 7 classes after the expansion; however, I deem the 2 new classes failures anyhow.

The original 5 are barbarian, sorceress, necromancer, paladin, and amazon. Now using common sense, barbarian has already been confirmed. The witch doctor--I believe--is replacing the necromancer. You can't have a Diablo game without a class of light, so I believe the Paladin will be remain. The amazon doesn't fit because now that there's a gender selection, it wouldn't make sense to have a male amazon.

The remaining two classes would be some sort of marksman and spell-caster... pretty standard and would be true to Diablo.
lastelement0
i know everyone has already been saying that the witch doctor is a replacement of the necromancer. but i kinda see this as half right. i feel that the witch doctor is like a fusion of the necro and the druid.

as for the failure of the two expansion classes, i dont think they were. they just don't cater to ur playing style. can't expect to please everyone with all of the classes offered.

i think that having a light and a dark spell caster type could work fairly well if they choose to go that route. as for the amazon type they don't have to necessarily name it amazon, they could make it like ranger or something so its not gender specific. and they could prob have a paladin type char. with more finesse and skill than just brute force of the barb.

only time will truly tell what route they want to go with this one.
OsLendas
Diablo 3 is one of the most antecipated games by RPG lovers. And by me Very Happy

But, i have disliked a few things such as many bad textures, colors excessive vibrant and bad detailed characters. I expected more from this game. I know, is premature to make a opinion, but my first impression was not 100%.

I hope they fix all the fan requests in order to make this game the best ever!

Very Happy
selevan
Diablo isnt RPG Rolling Eyes

Anyway this and next year would have great games, shit i need to do other things than just play Razz

Spore
Fallout
Diablo III
Starcraft 2
and few others that i dont remember ;P
blk3
As if Starcraft II wasn't enough, its good Blizzard is back making other games aside from WOW.
achowles
@ Helios

Apparently they're not replacing the Necromancer. It'll be interesting to see how they separate the two then. Given the bone wall (which looks awesome) and the summoning the Witch Doctor has, they'll either have to rethink the Necromancer entirely or rethink the both of them. Personally, I don't think they'll be including the Necromancer, regardless of what they're saying now.

@ lastelement0

Blizzard have a long and established history of not rushing anything. The few patches they have released normally only address minor multi player balancing issues or improved support for new hardware. At the very least the game will be highly polished and balanced to perfection in single player.

@ hofodomo01

It's an entirely separate team working on Diablo 3. Same with Starcraft 2.
rufa
Diablo III is gonna be awesome.. I _loved_ diablo 2 and played aloooot! Hopefully Blizzard will live up to that title and make an even better one.. I don't really care how long time it will take, if they just make it worth it. We've got SC2 to look forward to as well, and I'm going to play Warhammer Online until Diablo III is released..

Can't wait!
r4inm4ker
I really hope it is awesome game, since i have been a fan of D1 and D2. Over years, when i'm bored with other games, i just came back and played D2, and felt great!
I think I would buy a new PC just to play it, because my current PC is abit outdated now I have been using in for 5 years (though in the meantime i replaced broken motherboard and GPU with newer ones).
Can't wait to see what characters they offer. Right now there's only Barbarian and Witch Doctor. Witch Doctor playing style seems to be similar to necromancer, by using corpses to fight enemies.
Vladalf
I just finished watching the gameplay video. It's pretty kick ass with all those physics and scripted events. Can't wait for it!
-Vladalf
bulek
too bad that it's probably coming out in 2010. I hope they will release starcraft sooner, Blizzard's game are really great.
Josso
I have been waiting so long for this. I'm just turned 17 and have been playing D2 since I was 9 years old. Genuinely hyped, I was waiting for something like this to happen although I fear it will wreck my social life haha Laughing
npgmis
It looks forward to the arrival of
osuchin
I know only Diablo I. This is the first game I learned and played when I was in high school. It's a great game.
browncoat777
This is great news. I loved the first two Diablo games. Does anyone know if they're going to make this one for Mac as well, like their other Diablo titles? You have to love the hack n slash genre, especially when you are able to totally customize your character to have a unique set of powers.

In the first two Diablo games, what was everyone's favorite Boss battles? I really loved the satisfaction you get at the end of ACT 5 of the expansion for D2 when you finally feel like you've achieved a small victory over the darkness.
Josso
browncoat777 wrote:
This is great news. I loved the first two Diablo games. Does anyone know if they're going to make this one for Mac as well, like their other Diablo titles? You have to love the hack n slash genre, especially when you are able to totally customize your character to have a unique set of powers.

I don't see them not making it for mac again. The graphics and styling of the game looks really similar to D2 but obviously better graphics and not isometric anymore. I reckon a lot of it isn't going to be changed completely.
medievalman26
First off, let me just say that diablo 3 has already been under development for 4 years. It looks amazing, even from such a small video. I love the improvements they have made to the general feel of the game(obviously judging from the gameplay video is tough).

Helios wrote:
Hell yes! Finally!

Watched the gameplay trailer. It really looks like Diablo II, but with better graphics and features. This is too awesome Very Happy
Definitely going to get this one.

Did anyone notice that the 'witch doctor' is simply a version of the necromancer? Confused
Actually, it looks completely different from necro. The it is more of a druid-necro hybrid(as stated byachowles)

hofodomo01 wrote:
Ok, they have 1 team devoted to World of Warcraft, 1 team devoted to Starcraft 2, 1 team devoted to Diablo 3, and another team devoted to a secret project. Each team is only working on 1 project so there is no problem at all there.

whoops. forgot to include this originally. all of you should see this it is truly rediculous. it is about Diablo 3 and some moronic peoples reaction to it.http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/playback/playback-4/1227107
McDucque
Its been said officially that A) The witch doctor is not a replacement for the necromancer.

-also-

B) Its also been officially stated that the Barbarian is the only returning class of the original 7

which could mean a lot of things. Something I speculated in the beginning was:

Barbarian- pure brute force, removal of warcries for emphasis on pure offense/masteries
Witch Doctor- Necro-Druid .... summoning, poisonskills, earth magic
Valkyrie/Centurion- Amazon-Sorc-paladin combo ... spear skills, holy magic... maybe healing?
Monk - Assassin-esque... spirit magic, barbarian-type buffs, martial arts
and...something elllse? maybe a 100% pure caster with like, evil-themes...Warlock?
lethaltriad
I hate blizzard because I love their games so much. I loved Diablo 2 so much i played it 2 years later to beat it again and have been waiting so bad for part 3. Graphics look nice, my system should be able to manage it and the gameplay looks top notch, always expected great gameplay from blizzard games. Looking forward to this and starcraft 2 Very Happy
Diablosblizz
Blizzard... Blizzard... always waiting such a long time to remake their games. Heck, it's been 10 years sence Starcraft was released in stores, and seven for Diablo II. I can't wait for either of them, I'm simply going nuts, visiting their website every day for updates.

This is going to be one hard wait, but I am glad I saw this topic because I thought nobody posted this already. These games are going to be flipping great!
gwsystem
I Hope Mac Book "AIR" can support it! n Starcraft 2 too! Well my bro has an AIR so if it can support both, playing LAN or multiplayer is gonna be cool ! Btw, Blizzard still have not release the tech spec for PC and Mac for Starcraft 3. zZzzz.. I've waited for too long....
wahoyaho
I'm going to be so addicted to this game Very Happy I love Diablo II, spend countless nights doing baal runs and mf runs :p
chi0
Have been really looking forward to this for a while now! Diablo is my favourite game series ever!!

I hope they make a decent martial arts-type character this time. I didn't really feel like the D2 expansion characters were that great, as there weren't nearly enough (or nearly imaginative-enough) weapons, armour, etc you could get for them as for the other characters.

It's great that you can choose either gender though.

It'll still be a really long time before it appears on the markets (but, as people have said, one of the things that makes Blizzard so great is that it doesn't rush it's releases), but I already can't wait!!
wahoyaho
It'll probably be one or two years, not that long! Besides, the assassins were pretty good in D2, granted most of the users were trapsins but you could play successfully as a martial arts too Smile
[FuN]goku
Man i can't wait for Diablo III, when all the other ones came out, i had a copy right away.

By the time it gets released, I'll have my uberleet Alienware laptop bought so i wont have any problem running em Very Happy

Starcraft 2 , thats gonna be a sweet game too.. Then again, you cant beat a classic, Starcraft 1 will always be the best with me because i like older games Wink , but imagine Starcraft 2 will be alright.
croboy
i just started playing D2 again, now d3 is announced, how awesome!! im selling a 17/12 Griffons Eye on West Ladder if anyone is interested
kitsrock
I'm really interested in which direction they're going to take their diablo-saga to. I've always been a fan of the epic and/or detailed story-lines behind the games (SC, WC, Diablo) as much as the games themselves. Of course, the game seems to be under development, and that usually means another couple of years before the game is actually released.

What I worry is that D3 might rely on WOW engine. While I don't have anything against WOW, I wish blizzard would keep D3 true to its original genre.
QrafTee
kitsrock wrote:
I'm really interested in which direction they're going to take their diablo-saga to. I've always been a fan of the epic and/or detailed story-lines behind the games (SC, WC, Diablo) as much as the games themselves. Of course, the game seems to be under development, and that usually means another couple of years before the game is actually released.

What I worry is that D3 might rely on WOW engine. While I don't have anything against WOW, I wish blizzard would keep D3 true to its original genre.

I'm hoping it stays true to the Diablo series too. I worry because most of the people who worked on Diablo left Blizzard to start Flagship Studios--creator of Hellgate: London.
selevan
People that left Blizzard for Hellgate: London shown that they don't know how to work without supervisor.

Diablo 3 is looking great for now (maybe too color-bright graphics).
xaogo
diablo 3!! i can't wait, it looks amazing.

I read some articles about fans being stuborn and stupid about the new graphics. I happen to like how the game looks a lot.
antichrist_elexnet
The game that changed my life... Diablo!
I guess countless armies of hardcore fans all over the world are waiting for Diablo's release...
Nice to know that we people are not the only ones worrying for the future of this game Razz
Anyways... THIS game is really WORTH WAITING FOR
(-=]Peace[=-)
achowles
The Blizzard North team that produced the first two really just couldn't keep it together. I'm not sorry they're not producing this one or it could be delayed as extensively as Diablo 2 was.

Not to mention the fact that apart from the improved interface, items and characters, it was pretty much lacking. The recolours of items and monsters were pretty sloppy, the above ground graphics were boring and the way they were "randomly" produced as interlocking squares just made you wish they didn't bother randomising it at all and actually concentrated on producing decent environments.

With Diablo 3, none of those concerns seem to be present.
Elric
Argh. This means I'll have to finish Diablo II soon. Razz
Fatality
I have never played any of the Diablo series. I was more of an RTS fan at the time of D2. I have played all the warcraft games and starcraft. I am really looking forward to SC2, but I might have to look into D3. It looks pretty cool. My friend is actually trying to get me to play D2 with him before D3 comes out, I'm sure if i will. We'll see.
browncoat777
Yeah, I gotta say, don't get too excited for this game. Don't get me wrong: Blizzard is great, makes solid games that can entertain you for hundreds of hours. But Blizzard really takes its time and they love trickling media to their fans in order to keep them excited. I remember they had released an almost complete sampling of units for Starcraft 1 almost 2 years before it came out. Getting previews is cool, but after a while it feels cruel to be getting constant updates about a game that is 1 or 2 years from being released.

Regardless, I know it will be worth picking up. Glad to see the plot seems to progress quite a bit farther along this time around...
QrafTee
wahoyaho wrote:
It'll probably be one or two years, not that long! Besides, the assassins were pretty good in D2, granted most of the users were trapsins but you could play successfully as a martial arts too Smile

Nonetheless all derivations of assassins in Diablo II got whooped by the Amazons, Barbarians, Paladins, and Sorceress' in PvP.
Flarkis
Diablo 3 looks godly. I mean it has some World of WarCraft looks with the experience bars and the skills then has the classic Diablo look and feel but with awesome new graphics. It gave me shivers watching the videos for this. Along with StarCraft 2, it looks like I'm going to have to put a couple bucks away for these two must have games Very Happy
Idoru
Still playing Diablo 2 here. Lot's of fun, even though I've finished the game a couple of times.
New classes to try and a higher difficulty makes me spend some more time with it.
I do belive, though, that I'll drop it completlly when the no. 3 is released. Looks like a great
game, but I think there will be major upgrading needed here first.
The machine can't even show the official site's trailer without lagging... lol

Anyhow, we're looking forward to the release.
xcloudy
gh0stface wrote:

I definitely have watched the trailers of Diablo III. It's the most wanted game of mined.
RosenCruz
the first 2 games are still installed on my PC ...and cant wait for this fresh addition to series..but i expect a darker atmosphere ...
froy357
I can wait to pay this Diablo 3, D2 even now is still popular Very Happy
filesharing
i read on wikipedia they have implemented the PhysX Engine... this game is going to be hot as hell Very Happy
sabao
Diablo I and II is very amazing!
Someone knows where have it to download?
enygmasoft
sabao wrote:

I certainly am waiting very pateintely for the next coming of diablo 3.
Idoru
sabao wrote:

Huh?
I suppose you want to know if there is some way to get the game without having to buy it.
I don't think there is, at least not leagal. Anyhow, mabye there is some demo-version out
on Blizzard's page. Why not Google it?
Drathan
Blizzard is working currently on 3 games:(or at least 3 new released from the company.) Diablo III, Starcraft II, and World of Warcraft - Wrath of the Lich King (Second expansion) I'm really hoping that WoW's new expansion as well as DIII will be great. I personally loved the Diablo II and hoping to get back fighting baal soon Very Happy
MoneyMonsterMail
Nice Sites for Diablo III

http://www.diablo-3.net/

http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/

http://diablo3.ingame.de/index.php
Dean_The_Great
Diablo III?! I am so there. Blizzard is the only company I know of that always releases high quality games. They make their games stand up to the test of time, and they work long and hard to make it so. Can't wait for it. In fact, I'm gonna google it right now.
Idoru
I've seen on megastore that you can order it, but there is nothing anywhere to be found on a releasedate.
At least not that I can find Sad
Someone else know anything about it?
We are looking in to buy new computers with Diablo III as one of the main reasons. Laughing
Twisted Evil rock's, and it's time for new hardware anyhow.
Insanity
I can't wait for it to come out, but I hope it doesn't get delayed to the max like Starcraft II did and that it doesn't get canceled like Starcraft Ghost...
blk3
I hope there would be nice MODS for this game, it would be nice if you can build your own character from scratch. And also a nice dungeon creator.
amperx
when i heard the news, i really loved it, that they're creating diablo3 but upon viewing the trailers, seems like they didnt really put up too much on the graphics department, the way i see it, its still locked on 3rd person view, i just hope its not the final yet, though i love the new classes, cant wait for this one!
Spartan
I can't wait for this. Both me and a buddy are getting it and are gonna play together all the time!