FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Who the Cheapest Whos the Best

Possum
Hi

Who is the best place to register a domain name..

Also who is really the best place to register a domain name. Im looking for service and ability to transfer the domain if needed.

Cheers Possum
loyal
Peace.

My recommendation is namecheap. It's cheap, as the name suggests. Cheaper than godaddy, who is supposed to be one of the cheapest registrars; they've upped their prices i think. Plus, godaddy has loads of adverts when you're trying to register a domain which is confusing. Namecheap has a clean user panel which is simple.
Two things attracted to me to namecheap:
1) You get free whois protection. If a random person performs a whois query on a domain, he can see the person who owns the domain personal details. Whois protections replaces this personal information with the registrar's information. You get a year free with namecheap, and it costs less per year with namecheap than with godaddy.

2) You get horror stories with every registrar. However, i found a member of staff from namecheap defending namecheap against these horror stories on a forum. This surprised me. You don't usually find staff of registrars defending their service. That shows dedication!

I hope you've gotten something useful from me.

Thanks.
dude_xyx
Namecheap is ok. Their support is very good. But Godaddy is cheaper.
loyal
dude_xyx wrote:
Namecheap is ok. Their support is very good. But Godaddy is cheaper.

I don't think that's true for some TLDs. .net tlds seem to be more expensive on godaddy.
Namecheap give you free whois protection for the first year. And it's alot cheaper to renew the whois protection on namecheap than godaddy, last time i checked.

Anyway, i'd rather pay a few more dollars for good service.

Just my two cents!
Peace.
Diablosblizz
If I were you, I'd never go with Register.com. It's horrible, and very expensive. I got mine for free by phoning in on a promotional event.

Dotster was my choice for a while, and was very reliable. I have never tried GoDaddy, and I don't think I want to ever. Just not my type of organization and I feel I may get scammed from there.
dcfive65
Namecheap.com has a coupon that will drop the price of any domain to $8.41

BACK2SCHOOL = coupon code
fadirocks
you always look for sales hehe

i got my .com for $3 a year from yahoo, so before yahoo changed its mind i secured it for 5 years Smile
you might save money if you don't use com, net & org
win66
Possum wrote:
Hi

Who is the best place to register a domain name..

Also who is really the best place to register a domain name. Im looking for service and ability to transfer the domain if needed.

Cheers Possum

You could try mydomain.com, they offer domain push service and the price is quite amazing as it only cost $7.60 with coupon code " htmli.info " (15% off). The price is valid to all renewals too.

Quote:

you always look for sales hehe

i got my .com for $3 a year from yahoo, so before yahoo changed its mind i secured it for 5 years Smile
you might save money if you don't use com, net & org

The $3 promo was run by yahoo long time ago, but recently they announce the renewals price for each domain cost $34.95. So, take care or you may choose to transfer to others registrars.