FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

regedit files?

adora333
earlier i downloaded an .exe and used it and ever since then (ive uninstalled it previously) my "automatic updates" section of the microsoft security center has been disabled and i cannot reenable it. ive gone to automatic updates and enabled the automatic (recommended) option and applied it but it still says that on my taskbar that the automatic updates are off... so ive been looking around and i went on regedit to
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Windows \ WindowsUpdate \ AU" where my windows update registry keys were supposed to be but they were gone...
so assuming that the thing i installed removed the windows update reg keys... is there a way i can restore just those registry keys? like downloading the default files off the internet and reenabling them?i dont know a whole lot about how this works so if someone could give me some ideas or give me a link on where i can download the default reg files... that would be nice.
thanks for your time.
wumingsden
I can't be of help concerning downloading regedit files to fill in the default values.

However, I did have a similar problem, although it was caused through a different method.

I disabled the automatic update method on my PC under the windows security centre, then I went to the microsoft update site and enabled it through their function, which worked for me.
shkhanal
Did you try running Windows Restore. If you have previous restore point (most often created by system itself), I hope your registry would be fixed and problem gone!
triniDj27
well, as said before, try using system restore.

If that does not work, or anything else for that matter. You may have to insert your OS cd [if you got it] and repair the OS.
mcamargo
Reinstall OS
FunDa
mcamargo wrote:
Reinstall OS

If you are using windows - reinstall once in a while. Only cure for windows Laughing