FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Wall-E

tony
Just watched Wall-E last night and loved it. Has anyone else seen this film? I think it might just be the best Pixar film yet. Any other ideas out there? Did anyone dislike it? If so, why is that? The one thing I was disappointed with was the part after the credits... I sat the whole time just to see the BNL logo!
driftingfe3s
I saw it Friday night, and I really enjoyed it as well. The story is really cute and the cgi effects were spectactular. As for calling it Pixar's best film, I'm not sure. Nemo and Incridibles are big favorites of mine, but I would say Wall-E will be one of my new favorites. I want to to come on blu-ray soon so I can watch it agian at home.
blk3
Could you be more specific why you liked it, describe something about the premise without including any spoilers. btw will The Incredibles get a sequel I really liked that movie. I think only Toy Story had a sequel and I heard they are making a third one.
akshar
WALL.E is a beautiful love story but has a dark message as well. But the humor and love sotry is so elegant that the messege might take time to sink in
snowboardalliance
driftingfe3s wrote:
I saw it Friday night, and I really enjoyed it as well. The story is really cute and the cgi effects were spectactular. As for calling it Pixar's best film, I'm not sure. Nemo and Incridibles are big favorites of mine, but I would say Wall-E will be one of my new favorites. I want to to come on blu-ray soon so I can watch it agian at home.

Yeah it was cool but I like finding nemo the best still.
akshar
Finding Nemo had such wonderful emotional touch... A relationship between father and kid was explored so beautifuly. But WALL E in m opinion has a larger messege while giving the same emotinal pleasure to the viewers.
imera
Never heard about this one, and it looks like it's a good movie ased on what I have read here, I'll try and see what ut's about later today.
AFriedman
I watched Wall-E last week and I thought it was super, super creative, but not everything it tried to do worked. I really liked the vision of the inept people of the future, removed from nature and from the reality of survival, totally submissive to Buy & large. It is certainly an image that is a caricature of ourselves, relative to the people of the past. I also liked the image of the people of the future aspiring to be more self sufficient and taking baby steps toward returning to earth, even though I didn't believe Wall-E and Eve were enough for them to make it. The image of the robots being more human than the humans was quite unsettling. Wall-E is a very endearing character--steady, hard-working, determined, but he finds room for humanity amidst the ruins and the trash.

Wall-E certainly makes you think about the life you are leading, and your own relationship with consumerism and the earth.
lastelement0
this movie brings about an interesting question. what company do you see more likely to eventually take over the country? Apple or Google? The reason i feel its down to these two is because of everything that they try and get themselves involved with in our everyday lives. How soon is it before they try to make a car surrounded by their technologies? What would be after that?
McDucque
I haven't seen Wall-E yet, but I've been really wanting to! I honestly don't like Finding Nemo. I don't think it's very funny at all, but I really like Pixar movies and I think this one is going to be really good. Supposedly the Pixar short that plays before Wall-E is the best one yet, and judging from the still images ive seen about it, it looks great.
virtus
tony wrote:
Just watched Wall-E last night and loved it. Has anyone else seen this film? I think it might just be the best Pixar film yet. Any other ideas out there? Did anyone dislike it? If so, why is that? The one thing I was disappointed with was the part after the credits... I sat the whole time just to see the BNL logo!
+100500 Wink nice movie;)
carl_fernandes
Whts the story line of this movie like ?? is this movie a comedy ?
haydxn
I just got back from seeing it at the local cinema; we loved it! A wonderful film, and a brilliantly touching love story. The short before it is fantastic also. Splendid!
Zxeo
I loved Wall-E it was great, but I must disagree.

This is no where near their best movie. Did you all forget about how epic Toy Story was? I hope not.
zanzou
I agree with some of the people above-- Wall-E was good, but far from their best movie ever.

I would have to pick Toy Story for the best, as well.
dude_xyx
A wonderful movie. Beautiful story and the cute characters.
carl_fernandes
WOW ..... all these comments here sure have got me interested in the movie.. I got to see this movie now... will post my post movie comments soon Smile
TurtleShell
oh yea, LOVED Wall-E! Actually, it took me by surprise becuase I didn't know what it was about, hadn't seen any ads for it and just happened to go see it becuase i figured it had to be better than seeing a movie directed by Julia Roberts. I was most impressed by the fact that there was virtually no dialogue, but my daughter still seemed to get much of the basic premise. I asked her about it later, what she thought happened in it, and this is approximately what she said:

Wall E is a garbage can. He has a pet cockroach. He makes a friend who goes into a space ship (not sure why), so he follows her into the space ship. He gets injured. He goes back to where he was and eventually is ok. Brings the friend with him.

She totally missed the environmental/political/social stuff. That's ok--she lives in something of a fog most of the time anyway and I really thought some of that might be out of her depth.
filesharing
trailers are great, wall-e is cute - is it weird to call a robot cute ? Very Happy
going to watch it next week...
schooldays
I loved it, it was very intelligent and well-made. It was weird and interesting to watch, as well, with virtually no dialogue. I think I'll have to see it again. Pixar really are one of the most important studios in modern cinema. Toy Story and its sequel are as close to perfection as cinema gets.
carl_fernandes
What if mankind had to leave Earth, and somebody forgot to turn the last robot off? After hundreds of lonely years of doing what he was built for, Wall-E(short for Waste Allocation Load Lifter Earth-Class) discovers a new purpose in life(besides collecting knick-knacks) when he meets a sleek search robot names Eve. Eve comes to realize that WALL-E has inadvertently stumbled upon the key to the planet's future, and races back to space to report her findings to the humans who have been eagerly awaiting word that it is safe to return home.

===========
Write your own movie reviews at:
http://click.frihost.net
creativfrequenci
I just watched WALL E.. the movie is awsome.. sometime i used to think how these guys doing this.. but i don agree that this is their best movie.. monster inc. that the best one from them. Pixar, they are the God in making animation movies.
reb00table
It was really nice. And the characters were cute... Even human characters were cute... but I never wish to see someone like those Shocked .

The message was pretty clear, but I got lost in the picture, and everything seem real nice...
vicar013
Yeh, Loved it, I thought there was actually some real depth to this film. I don't see why so many people here still think stuff like The Incredibles and Monsters inc are better. They probably have kids (ooooh, might ruffle some feathers), but seriously...

IMO Pixars best was Toy Story, they got famous and financed, and Wall-E is the story they've wanted to do ever since, I think the attention to detail is just slightly better than they're previous efforts. I think I could watch it again without being instantly bored because there are subtleties about the scenes (though almost no dialogue!). Anyways, nuff critique of cartoons. Watch it. Its funny. Kids might learn a thing.
Vladalf
Very nice and funny movie. Pixar allways do good animations. Also I liked how they made the humans in this movie. Hope we won't evolve that way. It would be horrible!

-Vladalf
bigt
Great movie Smile
Kcin1
Its my favorite Pixar movie by far(I didn't care for Cars or Finding Nemo). I'm planing to buy it the day it comes out on Dvd.
lyckichev
After Wall-E I'm very love pixar
cavey
Wall-E is a very cute and charming movie, as all the Pixar movie :) My son also got this for Christmas on DVD.
sheedatali
Yea it is great movie, the storyline is smooth and I personally enjoyed it.
snowboardalliance
After watching a few more times I think this is my favorite Pixar movie. It was really good. Just the way they show the people devolving into these slobs. And Wall-E was an awesome character.
jessicawalker
I loved this movie so much! The whole time I was just going, "This is freaking brilliant."
desonium
I watched it a few weeks ago.
It really is a good movie. I enjoyed watching it because wall-e is a wonderull character.
I don't agree that it is the best pixar film, because I liked Toy story more. I don't know why but
I liked him more Confused
guissmo
I don't get why my movie-buff friend doesn't like it that much.
He said he preferred Kung Fu Panda more.
Crazy_Canuck
Plus the two stars of this movie don't really talk. Especially Wall-E. They make Eve cute and the roach is super cute. When has anyone ever said that? And it tells a terrific story about a little robot. Just a great fun movie everyone can watch.
machogamer
i'd rather watch Charlie chaplin
wab11287
I had to say that I got this movie for my fiancee and my self to watch one night when laying in bed. Well let me just say this, my fiancee was sleeping within 20 minutes of the movie and I had a hard time staying awake my self. I found it had a very good story line but it wasnt anything what I thought it would be. I just cant seem to feel that a animated movie can be that romantic, and even more when its two robots in love. Machines to me cannot feel emotions to begin with so how could they fall in love? I know that I am taking the movie and looking at it too closely but that is what I normally do with movies. I seem to watch them very closely and find the truths and not so truths of things. Like if something is possible to actually happen in real life or not. I feel that they did a great job with the movie involving story line and animation but it just didnt do it for me.
no2joinmovie
great movie Smile
carl_fernandes
Wall-E is in awesome animation movie. Though there are not many dialogues in the movie its very interesting to watch. Good treat for the kids and also for adults. This animation movie has a good meaning behind it. So go and watch it.
Lucy
OK BES MOVIE EVER!!! I loved this so much!! all time fav right here.. So many good symbols and messages
sondosia
I LOVED Wall-e. It's got just the right mix of fantasy, suspense, romance, comedy, and, of course, environmental activism. The DVD comes with a little short called Burn-e, which is hilariously cute.
Starrfoxx
Yeah, this was a great movie. I also loved the short feature that was on the DVD. I hope Disney doesn't spoil this by making a crap sequal, like they usually do. If Pixar does it, then it'll be good. If Disney does it on their own, it'll suck. I fear Toy Story 3 and 4.
traxion
Starrfoxx wrote:
Yeah, this was a great movie. I also loved the short feature that was on the DVD. I hope Disney doesn't spoil this by making a crap sequal, like they usually do. If Pixar does it, then it'll be good. If Disney does it on their own, it'll suck. I fear Toy Story 3 and 4.

Disney cant do the stuff pixar can, so a sequel of Disney is not going to happen.

maybe stuff for part 2 how that they build op the world, but thats maybe to high for the littlekids who only look because it's cute
Omega-hotelomega
I fell asleep , i found it tedious..
RipperGOD
Yeah I agree with traxion but well if they want to they can they can just show it like 100 or 200 years later.....after showing that last scene of the movie!

No matter what they'll make. People wants entertainment. So who knows they might just make it!
panicofpsych
As of cute characters, but with the film was boring subject. wall-e to still be tracked.
catscratches
The first half of the movie was good, then it was just Pixar's animators showing off. Compared to the other stuff that Pixar's done, it was amazing. If I am to judge it with the standards that I judge every other kind of movie with, it was a little better than decent, but not much more than that.
pll
Wall-E is the best movie from pixar E-V-E-R ! (it's my own opinion though)
I like pixar it's one of those companies which focuses on quality of the work.

Wall-E has amazed me even if this movie is for kids!

Don't forget to watch the short film (which is very funny) here :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9Y46NxP6b0

Burn-E is funny too! Very Happy
catscratches
A lot of kids movies are great. Just because it's for kids doesn't mean you have to dumbify it. Kids are more intelligent than that and much smarter than we usually give them credit for.
Enterprise
I work at a theatre and the thing I remember most about the movie is the song that plays during the credits, "Down to Earth" by Peter Gabriel. Best song ever. I would time cleanings so I would clean that theatre while the song was playing. Liked it so much I bought it and it's my most listened to song on itunes. If you've never heard it, look it up on youtube.