FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Install Joomla...Okay?

IllusionSoftware
I was wondering is it okay to install PHP scripts such as Joomla? The reason I'm asking is because it's kinda a hefty script and not as light as Wordpress or phpBB2. If any moderator, admin, or user who knows the answer can share this with me, that would be great.
mOrpheuS
IllusionSoftware wrote:
I was wondering is it okay to install PHP scripts such as Joomla? The reason I'm asking is because it's kinda a hefty script and not as light as Wordpress or phpBB2. If any moderator, admin, or user who knows the answer can share this with me, that would be great.

Yes, you can install Joomla on your FRIHost account.

The script itself is not very "hefty", it's certain poorly written add-ons that could possibly make it so.

In any case, if the server experiences heavy loads due to your scripts (Joomla or whatever) - you may be asked to optimize it/take it down.

p.s. - I don't think any Joomla installation has been found responsible for heavy server loads, yet.
IllusionSoftware
mOrpheuS wrote:
IllusionSoftware wrote:

Yes, you can install Joomla on your FRIHost account.

The script itself is not very "hefty", it's certain poorly written add-ons that could possibly make it so.

In any case, if the server experiences heavy loads due to your scripts (Joomla or whatever) - you may be asked to optimize it/take it down.

p.s. - I don't think any Joomla installation has been found responsible for heavy server loads, yet.

Okay thanks. I might end up writing my own stuff. Don't know yet. Thanks for the clarification though.
mk12327
My frihost website is currently running on Joomla and thus far there has not been any problems. Moreover, if you are afraid that running the installation scripts are too heavy, you might wish to try installing on your localhost first before copying the installed website and importing your database to your frihost account. This way, you do not need to run the scripts online but rather running it offline on your own localhost and uploading.