FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

headset problem

weableandbob
I've had a cheap ($20) headset for a while, but it doesn't seem to work with the computer. I've tried plugging it both in the back and the front, and trying all the different sound options in the sound controls. the sound comes out of the speakers when you use it, but no programs recognize it. What's even weirder is that it works perfectly fine with programs on an old laptop. Both are running xp, so what's wrong? is it the soundcard maybe?
Psycho_X52
I didn't quite understood....
so:
computer + headset = no sound
computer + speakers = sound
laptop + headset = sound

this is your problem?
weableandbob
okay, when i use my headset with my PC, sound comes out of the speakers, but no programs can use it for some reasone. When I use it with my laptop, sound comes out, and it works with programs.
Georgeboy
you have to pay attention to the fact that probably your computer doesn't recognize your microphone as being a microphone. you have to look at the posibilities of testing with your line-in configuration. some microphones are seen as line-in equipment.
another possibility is that your configuration of the microphone is bad. if your speakers amplify so much that you can hear your voice, it can be possible that your computer applications doesn't recognize it as sound. what can you do? just play a little bit with the configuration, try to set on the microboost or something else you will find. microboost can you find in the volume control panel and I suppose click on advance...
weableandbob
i know how to configure the sound...i've tried it with every option for different sound hardware/software stuff (there's like 4) in the sound control panel, made sure everything was on max, and tried mic boost, but nothing. it's possible that it's windows, as it's suffering from bit rot, and some programs don't work well, so windows might just be being windows