FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

XP in your language

Ravi
hi friends..

want to convert your Windows XP Pro. in Hindi and want to Know abt

Language Interface Pack....

Click here for Tutorial

Hindi Language Pack : Download
speedlikecy
i use the chinese version windows XP....
kv
Nice to see an indian here. I too am Indian. I am from bangalore.
kimia
i'm iranian .
our language is persian.
no persian language pack is maked for win xp yet.
mars
I use English Pro sp2.

maybe sp3 will come soon.
orno
mars wrote:
maybe sp3 will come soon.

check out the unofficial Windows XP Service Pack 3 Rolling Eyes
onur
SP3 is a beta

and

i think it is illegal.
yjwong
Hmm... My is XP Pro English and Chinese.
GiLaD
I live in Israel, and in my Windows there is an option to Hebrew, but still I don't use it because I hate seeing Hebrew at my computer [Only noobs use the place language].
wsxiaoys
speedlikecy wrote:
i use the chinese version windows XP....

me too... Cool
limcopy
English + Chinese Language Very Happy
JA1meerssen
I use windows XP home dutch version
GuranaTEAM
I use Windows XP Proffesional with SP2 English language

For Albanian Language soon will be available very soon !!
astra
I'm mostly using Windows XP Pro English version, sometimes Chinese edition, and occasionally Dutch release.
grifnas
kimia wrote:
i'm iranian .
our language is persian.
no persian language pack is maked for win xp yet.

I'm romanian and our language pack already is...
ocalhoun
How about latin?
Traveller
Okay. Here's a question that may relate to this, but i'm not sure.

Someone I know down here in Honduras bought a used computer which already has Windows XP Professional installed. The problem is: it's all in Spanish, and the person using it doesn't know that much Spanish yet.

Although I have already tried the Control Panel options under the "Advanced" tab of the "Regional and Language" settings, I have not been able to make Windows come up in English (i.e. for the normal UI things such as the "Start" button and the right-click menus).

Is it possible to change the default language (not just the default keyboard setting) to English without reinstalling the whole OS?

Thanks!

Edit: Okay. I found my answer: When Windows is installed from a "localised version" (e.g. Spanish), that is done with a CD of just that version, and is not simply an option at the time of installation. Once Windows is installed, the only way to change the language of the user interface (short of reinstalling with a CD for the other language) is to buy an optional package they call the "MUI" or "Multilingual User Interface." Once that is installed, the changes within the Control Panel (that I mentioned above) will work. The lowest, OEM price I could find for the MUI was $75, so now I need to find out if my friend wants to shell out that kind of money for this.
goansfr
french version
wicke
I use Finnish version of Windows XP Home but I want to try other languages. If I install LIP can I also uninstall it and use original Finnish version again?
japasco
Iīm usign XP SP2 in spanish. I dont know about a SP wich translate from one language to another.....

Regards,
sathiyasri
Hi,

I am using Windows xp professional (english)+sp2. My Interface language is always english. When i wish to send email in my mother language i use Unicode font which is bundled in windows xp.
Smile
neosree
I am an indian, and I like to see Windows XP in Malayalam language. Even Google is available in Malayalam. There are a lot of wndows XP users in kerala want to see XP in malayalam. Hope they will devoloup a new language pack for malayalam soon.
osmankeskin55
I'm from Turkiye and my xp with sp2 im using turkish version.
{name here}
onur wrote:
SP3 is a beta

and

i think it is illegal.

It's not illegal. It is for microsoft customers who are experiencing problems on corporate networks. If you are not on a corporate network and if you are not experiencing problems, you should not install SP 3.
surdy
Thanks Ravi

This is interesting Very Happy . thanx for the link

will surely give it a try
Cheerz