FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Cant access the FTP

jon_k
when i try to access my FTP through the windows browser it opens a internet page with this blue screen in the cpanel saying that the apache is working
how do i bypass this and get to my ftp to upload my site
wumingsden
jon_k wrote:
when i try to access my FTP through the windows browser it opens a internet page with this blue screen in the cpanel saying that the apache is working
how do i bypass this and get to my ftp to upload my site

A simple question, but are you trying to access ftp.origanal3.frihost.net ?
jon_k
yes
wumingsden
Had to double-check.

When I attempt to access it the default login appears, asking to enter the username and password. I gather if I enter your information correctly, it would successfully take me to your folders. So I don't know what your problem is. It could be possible your ISP is blocking access, and instead its redirecting you. Or your redirected for some other reason.

Either way, its of my opinion that the default ftp ability in windows is rather poor, and too basic.

I would recommend using a ftp program instead, or one of the free web2ftp-based services.
jon_k
well i fixed that prob now how do i get my page set up i have uploaded my files into the public html but nothing appears
Bondings
You need to put an index file in your public_html directory. Like index.html or index.php.
jon_k
ok well know i have a new problem xD i have the files like index.php and id1.php in the code folder in the public html but it gives me this error

Warning: include(code/id1.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: Not a directory in /home/jonk/public_html/index.php on line 32

whats my problem now

I am appreiciating all of your guys help Very Happy
wumingsden
jon_k wrote:
ok well know i have a new problem xD i have the files like index.php and id1.php in the code folder in the public html but it gives me this error

Warning: include(code/id1.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: Not a directory in /home/jonk/public_html/index.php on line 32

whats my problem now

I am appreiciating all of your guys help Very Happy

the errors tells us, rather edit line32 to represent the correct place of the id1.php file, or move the id1.php file in a folder called code
jon_k
well my friend wrote the main code for me (zellfaze)and he isnt gunna be on and i have it in the right folder i belive if i post the code at line "32" can u fix it for me?
jon_k
never mind i found the problem it was with the code folder got messed up and there were hidden folders thaks all who helped me i appreiciate it very much Very Happy
swinburn
thanks man was finally able to connect to my ftp