FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Webpage Display Problem

shwetanshu
THIS IS NOT AN AD

Well my site is presently under construction, but here's my problem:

Visit the link http://shwetanshu.frihost.net/index2.html

Now open the link seperately once in IE or MAxthon and then in FF or Opera. In IE or Maxthon, u will not see the first image centered and Shwetanshu's Website written above it but in FF or Opera u will c it. Why's this problem, pls help.
Neus
your problem is withen the line

<meta name="keywords" content="tongue twisters, jokes, shwetanshu, Cool Sites, children, Amazing facts, javascript games, simple games, guest book, view guest book, sign guest book, monkey, india, site map, bookmark my site, google, search within this site, proverbs, knowledge corner, suggestions, poll, sport poll, favourite sport poll, site poll, Phobia Facts (scientific names of fears), Bikes,Cars and Planes Facts, Animal Facts, Indian Facts, Wierd Facts, Amazing Facts, Cricket Facts, Quizing Sites, Contest Sites, Puzzle Sites, Jokey Sites, Games Sites, Sports Sites, Baseball Sites, Cricket Sites, Football Sites, Tennis Sites, Formula 1 Sites, Story Sites, Funny story, Knowledgeable story, Ghost story, Kids Sites, Hobby Sites, Diminutives, Dictionary of Cities, Beware of "ANDROPHONOMANIACS", -Ology Words, Misnomers, Important Days, Do you know that fish have a "school", Hippopotomonstrosesquipedalian Words, Inventions and Discoveries, Sound Words, Brainvita, Ball-Pop, Arrange 'em back, Button-Mania, Check-Boxes, Simple Maths, Critter Thwacking, Mind -Reader, Snakes, Rocket Blaster, Tic-Tac-Toe, Tetris, Buzzy The Reflex Tester, Maths Flash Cards, cool website, website for children, website fit for kids">

well, a: its kinda long.... b: it contains characters you should use (in other words, you cant have quotes withen there.. it sees taht as the end of the code... ff must auto ignore this once you leave the header, but ie seems to keep it.. i wouldnt have dashes either.. or perthesis...)

annother suggestion... no offense or anything...

revamp the site...

one of the first rules of web site design is... avoid animaged gifs... they distract the user.... use javascript only where nessesary... some features are nice (perhaps it auto finding the date and displaying it somehwere noticable, but not obvious... dont use marquee... its annoying (well, i find it annoying).. moving text is hard to read (yes it stops if you put cursor on it, thats nice.. but its still annoying)

and put the ads (google search bar, firefox, etC) at the bottom of the page or somehwere less clogin the middle.. try useing tables to format the page and perhaps align some pols in the right hand column, and put your ads in the left hand column, and in the middle your main menu... takes alot of scrolling to get to the main menu.
nickhaw
how 1990's! animated gifs! hahaha Wink
shwetanshu
actually i m just revamping my site, its the old site which i m transferring from tripod, thanx a million for ur suggestions, i will do try them out.
nickhaw
please do i almost had a seizure
nasirmansoor
shwetanshu wrote:
THIS IS NOT AN AD

Now open the link seperately once in IE or MAxthon and then in FF or Opera. In IE or Maxthon, u will not see the first image centered and Shwetanshu's Website written above it but in FF or Opera u will c it. Why's this problem, pls help.

Bro, the image is centred for me and i am using IE too
Neus
nasirmansoor wrote:
shwetanshu wrote:
THIS IS NOT AN AD

Bro, the image is centred for me and i am using IE too

yeh the image is centered because i already found the problem withen the code, it was the meta tag... he had quotes withen it that screwed it up...
shwetanshu
http://shwetanshu.frihost.net/index6.html

now compare this link with the above one and tell me if it needs anymore changes