FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

403 Forbidden Error

lockwolf
For some Wack Reason my webpage keeps coming up as a 403 Forbidden Error whenever I try to access. I have been away in oregon so I dont know how long it has been this way. I dont know how to fix it but when I looked, all my permissions were set to 644.
Neus
you seem to be redirection to the file /index/index.php... is this on purpose? check your control panel.. your public_html folder and www folder should be set to 750 (all the user ones checked, group has the top and bottom one checked withen cpanels file manager none on world) withen your public_html file, all files should be 644 pretty much, unless they are special or something... and all folders should be set to 755, or 777 if they require 777 (or perhaps something else if they need that specially) ... (777 being all of them checked, 755 being all user checked, top n bottom of group checked, and top and bottom of world is checked)

i tried kinda "guessing" around your site, knowing you would have a images folder, and it loaded up (but wouldnt show contents) so my guess is your folder is set to the wrong permissions (not the file)
Bondings
I tried to change some file permissions, but I can't find the cause of this error. You're not the only one with such an error, so it might be due to a server error, maybe the same as the disk space. If this is the case, my apologies.

I suggest you to try out to change some permissions and try it out a few times and if this still doesn't work, backup your files, if possible not with a complete backup. (as restoring it might give the same error Wink ) And then I'll create a new account for you which will (or should) certainly work.
lockwolf
I'm at school now so I cant back anything up but when I get home Ill back up everything and PM you when I am ready for you to reset my account