FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


How to move SQL database to new domain?





tamilparks
my webpages are in free domain with sql database, i wish to change to a paid new domain? how can i move it without any problem? is it possible? whether it affects my pagerank?
SamiTheBerber
tamilparks wrote:
my webpages are in free domain with sql database, i wish to change to a paid new domain? how can i move it without any problem? is it possible? whether it affects my pagerank?

If you just add the new domain in old site, like here in Frihost is possible, then your site would be same but under new domain. Old one also works.

How ever the page rank is domain centered. Your new page rank is at first N/A, but if the sites, which links to your old site will change to link on your new site, your page rank will raise nearly the same as before. You can also send your new domain to google and so on ...

I hope this will be clear enough and help you Smile
tamilparks
Quote:
If you just add the new domain in old site, like here in Frihost is possible, then your site would be same but under new domain. Old one also works.


i could not understand this pls tell me
SamiTheBerber
tamilparks wrote:
Quote:
If you just add the new domain in old site, like here in Frihost is possible, then your site would be same but under new domain. Old one also works.


i could not understand this pls tell me

If you have your site now in www.tamilparks.frih.net (or what ever), you have there content, database and other stuff. When you assign your domain, for example www.tamilparks.com, in your current host address, the same page will load in both sites. www.tamilparks.frih.net/test.html is same page as in www.tamilparks.com/test.html.
tamilparks
i am sorry i have uploaded my forum only in the frihost, and other things are in http://tamilparks.50webs.com so, what can i do? because the html files or in 50webs and forum in frih host. so please tell me how can i move to one new domain?
SamiTheBerber
tamilparks wrote:
i am sorry i have uploaded my forum only in the frihost, and other things are in http://tamilparks.50webs.com so, what can i do? because the html files or in 50webs and forum in frih host. so please tell me how can i move to one new domain?

Then take sql-dump from old forum. Install new forum in frihost. Replace the new database with old dump. That's it Smile
b4r4t
And about pagerank etc - You have to make redirect 301 from old domain to the new one to keep all benefits from old domain - the old one will "give the power" to the new one Smile

And as SamiTheBerber said - just make backup of Your MySQL and then restore it on frihost - it can be easy done from the phpMyAdmin
tamilparks
thanks to SamiTheBerber and b4r4t i will check this. thanks for a valuable information but i could not know about the sql-dump can i know how i have to create the sql-dump please tell me
b4r4t
Just write phpmyadmin mysql backup in google and search ...

First page:
http://fragments.turtlemeat.com/mysql-database-backup-restore-phpmyadmin.php
tamilparks
ok thanks b4r4t, i am using phpbb version 2 i like to change to the latest version, is it possible to connect the sql database without any problem with the old datas,
jmlworld
tamilparks wrote:
ok thanks b4r4t, i am using phpbb version 2 i like to change to the latest version, is it possible to connect the sql database without any problem with the old datas,


Yes, since you are using the same software, it some kind of upgrading so nothing will happen to your old data. But: backup your entire database and user files (your own non PHPBB files) before doing any upgrade. So if something gets wrong, you can revert back by restoring your old backup.

Good Luck
SamiTheBerber
jmlworld wrote:
Yes, since you are using the same software, it some kind of upgrading so nothing will happen to your old data. [color=red]

You are right and back ups are for own good. phpBB community also tells this: http://www.phpbb.com/support/documentation/3.0/upgradeguide/upgrade.php
tamilparks
thanks to SamiTheBerber, i tried to upgrade, but its not upgrading because they are told to me, i am using the beta version so the beta version should not be upgraded, do you know any way to upgrade, if so please help me. i am using, phpbb 2.0 beta version
SamiTheBerber
I was understood that you put new files and run some kind of update.php script and that's it. I haven't updated on myself.
tamilparks
thanks SamiTheBerber, one more doubt, if i uploaded the latest version of phpbb board in my domain, with a new sql database, is it possible to transfer the datas like users account, password, posts/reply from the old sql if know please help me
SamiTheBerber
tamilparks wrote:
is it possible to transfer the datas like users account, password, posts/reply from the old sql if know please help me

I guess that updating is created so, that it support this kind of movements. Database structure hasn't changed so much, or so I think.
Related topics
Buying a New Domain
Can I create many SQL database by my self
Trying to move SQL database
new domain
Problem loging in with new domain
Creating a new phpbb forum on my new domain.
nameservers to new domain
NEW DOMAIN - Best Site on Science!!!
my new domain, appraise it, come in bulk...
how can i visit my new domain
problem setting up new domain
how is my new domain
manually input to sql database
US$1 New Domain Promotions at Doteasy
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Webmaster and Internet -> Domain Names

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.