FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Points system in Php-Nuke

nasirmansoor
Hello everyone

Recently, i set up a point system which will automatically reward points to users for making new topics or replying to posts etc.

However, i want to allow people with over 200 points to access the Downloads module. But i have tried my best and i hav been unsuccessful with it

Also.. can some one please tell me on how admins can look points of the members. is it possible that i can also make a user points table in the Memberlist ??

Waiting for ur replies
Thanx
Bondings
nasirmansoor wrote:
Hello everyone

Recently, i set up a point system which will automatically reward points to users for making new topics or replying to posts etc.

However, i want to allow people with over 200 points to access the Downloads module. But i have tried my best and i hav been unsuccessful with it

Also.. can some one please tell me on how admins can look points of the members. is it possible that i can also make a user points table in the Memberlist ??

Waiting for ur replies
Thanx

Yes, certainly, you just have to add the Points to the memberlist page.
nasirmansoor
Sie, can u please guide me on how can i do that !
Bondings
nasirmansoor wrote:
Sie, can u please guide me on how can i do that !

You need to search the code in the memberlist for the other columns and do something similar for the Points. You will need to edit the template also. It's not hard unless you never did something similar. Otherwise it will take a while before you understand it. Wink
nasirmansoor
I have never done such things before, but if someone can provide me the code and also tell me where i should place it i m pretty sure that i'll be able to do it

also, is it possible that i only want to allow people with over 20 posts to one of my modules - i think this would be much easier !!

thanx a lot
Blackout Angel
Seriously dude, you are using php-nuke, thats the worst system out of them all. It so big on the MySQL database when you have had it for a while. I had it for 2 months, and my mysql database was 41 meg! You should use something less popular and smaller, because they are always the better choice.
Bondings
I never used php-nuke myself. I don't even know which point-system you use. There is no way that I can give you the code to copy-paste. You either have to use the official cashmod, where the Points are already added to the database or code something yourself. I will gladly help you a bit with the code if you have a problem with something, but I can't make it for you. Wink