FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

the all new dubai

muchi
its all about dubai new projects

http://gadgetgearz.com/index.php/architechture/dubai-projects.html
deanhills
muchi wrote:
its all about dubai new projects

http://gadgetgearz.com/index.php/architechture/dubai-projects.html

I am not quite sure what this posting is about. Can you explain, i.e. what would you like to discuss about Dubai Projects?
martinb
i think he is showing a link to what we are paying for through the pump. Shocked Mad
TrueFact
Dubai, it is called The European City in the Arab Gulf Countries. I have been there several times and yes it is a wonderful city to visit.
antichrist_elexnet
Dubai... yeah a nice city.. i live actually here right now... amazing... but rlly hot.. its end of october and its still 36 degrees.... hopefully its always cold at home =)... i live in the Mirdif district... abit far from the centre of dubai.. but you can see the Burj Dubai (world's tallest building), and some other (if anyone familiar with Sheik Zayed Road) buildings..
Very nice....
nigam
I have seen on the television that Dubai is a very nice country...wish I could go and visit there soon...
jsfdan
Same here, some parts of Dubai look nice.
deanhills
nigam wrote:
I have seen on the television that Dubai is a very nice country...wish I could go and visit there soon...

Dubai is a city in a country called the United Arab Emirates. It is an enormous city actually, and growing in leaps and bounds. The city is working on its tallest building in the world right now. Dubai is especially famous for shopping and its weather is warm in all seasons, so almost all of the days are sunshine days. Summer time from June through to September can be uncomfortably hot, and perhaps the best time to visit would be from December through to May.
ptfrances
If I remember, UAE is not only one country but some of the richest countries of this region.
jabce85
isn't dubai supposed to be getting some of the world's tallest buildings in the upcoming couple of years?
sana618
yes, dubai is not only building some of the nicest buildings but it is also started the construction of metro railways too, testing of the railway tracks too has started.....,
now is the best time to visit dubai because not only is the weather pleseant but also the famous dubai shopping festival has started, which is quit fun really. the global village has a verity of entertainment to offer.
speaking for myself i love this season because i can shop till i drop!!!!! Wink Very Happy
jabce85
i just heard the other day that the world economic slump is affecting dubai.. one of my architecture professors said that they were laying off thousands of construction workers. is this true?
sana618
jabce85 wrote:
i just heard the other day that the world economic slump is affecting dubai.. one of my architecture professors said that they were laying off thousands of construction workers. is this true?

well the whole world is affected and dubai is no excepation too.... as in all countries dubai too is laying off its workers... but... "thousands"... am not sure about that, because right in front of our house the construction of metro railways is still on and we see the construction workers in the same numbers as before.
sketteksalfa
isnt dubai as a hot place and a city a stressful place?
sana618
are not all those big cities in other parts of the world stressful!!! as for being hot..... its a desert city. so naturally it will be hot. as for cooling yourself....... what are the AC'S and the pools for or say the beaches to tan yourself......
deanhills
jabce85 wrote:

Probably still too early to tell. I was in Dubai last night, and it was as busy as ever with construction workers visiting what is called Bur Dubai and using the bus services in order to get there. People were virtually clambering over one another to get into the buses. All the construction cranes were still in evidence, and perhaps less of them as quite a number of construction projects have been completed. I have not seen many new construction cranes, so possibly some of the projects have returned their construction workers to their countries of origin as less work available. Possibly good to consider that all workers in Dubai are attached to contracts with a specific duration. Work is not permanent. So quite easy to let go of workers at the end of their contracts.
antichrist_elexnet
lol we moved to the Jumeirah.. 10 minutes of walk to the beach, Its really the best time to visit dubai right now... but its spring and the temperature will rise soon. about the projects, my stepfather works on the creation of the 3rd palm island, if u ever seen the planned map of it, dont expect that all of it will be there soon, the project is almost closed, they are finishing off the parts that they started, but the rest of the project won't go on (my stepfather works as head surveyor in Van Oord from The Netherlands... they built the 1st palm island, lol i even have some original maps and some 3D planning of the developement of that island...)
yeah the shopping festival is great...

and about the traffic, i guess that noone wants to be in Deirah from 5:00 to 9:00... specially if u live abit far.. the traffic is terrible, while i lived in mirdif, getting stuk in deirah is the wors thing that can happen... luckly if you have a good car with a nice sound system then you can juss sit there in the traffic and enjoy the music =D
they build all those beautiful structures and other amasing things, and only in 2008th year they noticed that they have to do something about the roads...

btw i heard that all houses older than 5 years or so behind the sheyk zayed road will be destroyed.... anyone haz any info on that?
sana618
antichrist_elexnet wrote:
lol we moved to the Jumeirah.. 10 minutes of walk to the beach, Its really the best time to visit dubai right now... but its spring and the temperature will rise soon. about the projects, my stepfather works on the creation of the 3rd palm island, if u ever seen the planned map of it, dont expect that all of it will be there soon, the project is almost closed, they are finishing off the parts that they started, but the rest of the project won't go on (my stepfather works as head surveyor in Van Oord from The Netherlands... they built the 1st palm island, lol i even have some original maps and some 3D planning of the developement of that island...)
yeah the shopping festival is great...

and about the traffic, i guess that noone wants to be in Deirah from 5:00 to 9:00... specially if u live abit far.. the traffic is terrible, while i lived in mirdif, getting stuk in deirah is the wors thing that can happen... luckly if you have a good car with a nice sound system then you can juss sit there in the traffic and enjoy the music =D
they build all those beautiful structures and other amasing things, and only in 2008th year they noticed that they have to do something about the roads...

btw i heard that all houses older than 5 years or so behind the sheyk zayed road will be destroyed.... anyone haz any info on that?

i thought that the construction of the roads had started before 2008 more like from the middle of 2006....

naturally the traffic would be high at that time because people would be wanting to get home from their various jobs, also the traffic i think is high even during the morning time, people going to work etc... nowadays i think the emirates road is more busy then the shaikh zayed road, also the jumeirah road.(thats what is called the rush hour i guess)

you had heard right about the houses but i don't think there is going to be any demolition just now.the officials have postponed it for a year for all the areas that had being given notices.
deanhills
antichrist_elexnet wrote:

There are always rumours like that. Remember a while ago the rumours were about cars and those older than 10 years would be made obsolete, and that is no longer the case. So possibly it will be same with houses older than 5 years ESPECIALLY given the ACUTE shortage of AFFORDABLE housing in Dubai. What I can see happening is an increase in regulations and policing of regulations to limit inhabitants of a house as there is a total overcrowding of rented accommodation relative to the infrastructure of the house, i.e. plumbing etc. Apparently people have already been evicted for that and police are focussing their attention on Jumeirah at the moment. I think that will become more strict and will obviously put a great burden on low-cost and affordable housing for the people who are cheaply employed in Dubai and surrounding areas.
antichrist_elexnet
Hey sana618
yeah they started workin on their roads in about 2006, but in 2008 they gained some speed at it, cut it was going so slow that you could hardly notice it
youre right about the emirates road... busy as hell in the morning and evening, i think that there will be less traffic in the summer.. not alot of tourists that want to burn their butts on the son =D

hey deanhills
yeah i heard that rumor abt the cars.... but really, u rarely see people have/drive cars that are older than 2-4 years... i mean only in Dubai, not talking about Shargah (still cant remember how to spell that XD)
Ok so now that I have a little overview on the "housing" situation. =D

Thx on the info! XD
Badly im not in UAE right now (visitin some friends in NL) so if anyone haz any new info or sumthin interestin to share with us... just type it!! Very Happy
muffinman187
what money can do for you!