FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Will this relationship work?

ssthanapati
Well i met a Brazilian girl on the internet. We became very good friends. We used to talk daily then we felt there was something more than friendship developing between us. Even though we speak different languages but she still can communicate in english. And we are even trying to teach each other our local languages. She is catholic and i am a Hindu. But we dont mind. After all we feel god is one. But I stay in India... almost on the other side of the world. But we still hope we will meet one day. And we will marry and settle down. She even dreams of the day when she will come to India and settle down here as my hindu wife. We really want to make this come true.

But do u people think this is possible or we are too much lost in love to notice that?
deanhills
Love is eternal. It conquers all. I really believe that. Together with hope and faith. The three will make everything possible in your lives. Lovely to read about your special relationship. Sounds very special and hope you will cherish it. Smile
mike_phi
I think if you both feel so strongly it could work, however you do need to explore your love in reality, i.e. try to figure out a realistic plan wheereby the two of you can be together for a while and cross another barrier of the real,

other than that I dont see any problem good luck and keep on loving
rightclickscott
You can't ask a thread on an unentertaining forum if it'll last. It'll only work if you make it work, and put forth the effort to do it. If you two love each other, good for you. If you want to be together, then don't sit around hoping, and go and see her, or get her to see you. Otherwise, you're pretty much boned. The last thing you want to read is a bunch of posts of people trying to be poetic, posting their opinions about love like it means something, and do what you have to do to make an overseas relationship work.
iamyet
Am agreeable on most of the replies thus far. Couldn't stress more on the fact that if there's a will there's a way. You can meet a thousand people you like but you only find these rare few that you CONNECT. We only live once and meet up at all costs, it may be an experience of a lifetime.
imera
If it goes so far that you move together and get married there is one thing you both have to work with, remember that you both come from different backgrounds and religions, maybe se will agree to become Hindu but that doesn't mean she will agree to everything, just keep an open mind and don't go to bed angry at each other, try to fix things before they arrive.
ssthanapati
Thanks for all the encouraging opinions.... We are trying our best to make things work the way we want. Hope everything turns out well
ndalazdayz
Brazilians own dude go for it!!1
ptfrances
This is a brave thing to have a very distant relationship.
But I think it's possible and you have to go through. However, it's sure that you are going to face strong difficulties.
Good luck
Arrow
tapina
While the basis for any love relation is Love, I still believe you need to communicate with each other about the realities of your different backgrounds. You need to be open about what your expectations of her are, whether she is willing to adopt some or all of your beliefs. Also what she expects from you, and whether you are comfortable with her expectations.
ssthanapati
tapina wrote:
While the basis for any love relation is Love, I still believe you need to communicate with each other about the realities of your different backgrounds. You need to be open about what your expectations of her are, whether she is willing to adopt some or all of your beliefs. Also what she expects from you, and whether you are comfortable with her expectations.

Yes I agree with u and we have already disscussed about it with each other. And everything seems to go smoothly... And I love her.... Just hope everything goes fine
Aredon
I had a relationship like this once... it ended after I got an email starting with "hey" then going into "not catching me online" for the minute or two she signs on and "I don't have a lot of time right now and I got to get going" and finally the hurtful words "But I needed to say something" which prepares you for the blow. "I hate doing this... I think we should break up" then adjusts herself with "barely being on and lucky to be on again any time soon". Finally "not fair to either one of US" adjusted by "I'm sorry" and ironically signed "love" followed by her name.

About a month later, I hear the news from a friend that she got married already which seems to explain where her time went previously with some army dude. Another month or two I hear she is already "expecting". :p

What can I tell ya, you can't expect such a "relationship" to work out. Attractive girls go from man to man fairly quickly and you just can't expect to hold them down without offering her more than someone in her area. Of coarse though both can enjoy flirting, just gotta find a new chick to flirt with. And perhaps one day realize internet relationships are nothing but a flirt and even if you actually meet and marry her like one of my family members did, you'll just find out she ain't what she seemed to be, divorce her and marry someone else.

Despite my discouraging words, lemme say "Enjoy her while she remains in your grip" since the relationship hit a wall.
psycosquirrel
The answer is simple...

Do you both KNOW that you can make it work.

If you get to the point that you are so in love with someone that you know, no matter what, that you will stay with them and do anything for them... forever... Then it will work.

If you have to ask, you may want to reconsider. Think of what she means to you, and whether or not you could live without her. If she is your life, then it will probably work, and it was meant to be.
ssthanapati
@ Aredon

Ya u are correct but even if u live close to that girl there is no guarantee that it will work out. I have experienced that so i know
apple
I got a question, one that nobody ever seems to ask...

how old are you and your lady?
Coen
Apart from the age thing, I would be careful. People can be really fantastic on the internet but turn out a little different in reality. Mind you, I am not attempting to discourage you or telling you to break up. What the two of you are sharing sounds lovely but I'd try meeting her and spending some time with her before actually setteling down and getting married.
tapina
ssthanapati wrote:
tapina wrote:

Yes I agree with u and we have already disscussed about it with each other. And everything seems to go smoothly... And I love her.... Just hope everything goes fine

Good for you!

In that case, I feel you need to plan for your future together. You need to be specific on how you two are going going to meet and see each other for the first time. Remember that 'meeting' someone on the internet is different than meeting someone say at the work place. Over the internet, you don't get to see the person and evaluate her character. So while you may get very well together, you may be shocked to fing that the person you are head over heels with is not nearly what you would prefer in a partner. I'm not trying to scare you away. I'm only saying you need to plan and be more realistic.

However, that having been said, I don't see why your relationship would fail to work just because you met online. Good luck!
ssthanapati
Coen wrote:
Apart from the age thing, I would be careful. People can be really fantastic on the internet but turn out a little different in reality.

U are scaring me........ Neways i am still determined

@ Tapina

Yes meeting for the first time does need some planning. One of the most important thing is to get out accents tuned..... Since we are from different parts of the world we sound completely different when we say the same thing... I do understand her accent but she dosent understand mine... So i am learning to speak the way she does... but it will take time
jenss
Here are some other things to discuss before you determine that she is the right one for you:

Do you want kids? How many? How far apart in age?
What careers will you have? Do you expect her to stay home or work? Would she be happy doing either of those? Will you stay home?
What expectations do each of your families have? Will each of you feel comfortable in the other's family culture? What aspects of each culture would you incorporate in your own family?
While being vague on this one, you really should discuss what your expectations about sex are as it is a big part of a relationship.

Those are only a few of the things that will make a big difference in your future plans together. Other things like where you will live, who will do the chores, and religion will also be issues. Communication is of utmost importance in a relationship so make sure you have the means to effectively communicate. Asking these questions will definately get the communication paths going!

Jen
selevan
Jesus Christ, meet her first in real life, go to her on holidays (or vice versa), spend as much time as you could with her. Although I heard about two people that met in World of Warcraft, met irl and then married Wink
ssthanapati
jenss wrote:
Here are some other things to discuss before you determine that she is the right one for you:

Do you want kids? How many? How far apart in age?
What careers will you have? Do you expect her to stay home or work? Would she be happy doing either of those? Will you stay home?
What expectations do each of your families have? Will each of you feel comfortable in the other's family culture? What aspects of each culture would you incorporate in your own family?
While being vague on this one, you really should discuss what your expectations about sex are as it is a big part of a relationship.

Those are only a few of the things that will make a big difference in your future plans together. Other things like where you will live, who will do the chores, and religion will also be issues. Communication is of utmost importance in a relationship so make sure you have the means to effectively communicate. Asking these questions will definately get the communication paths going!

Jen

Had already got those issues settled out long back